-->

Podcast 84: El Gran Juego

Talk about anything to do with our Staggering Stories Podcast!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

Adam J Purcell

Podcast 84: El Gran Juego

Post by Adam J Purcell »

Do we like our Cybermen served chilled? Yes, Staggering Stories Podcast 84: El Gran Juego is now available!

We cover:
Doctor Who: 5 minute recommendation for The Tomb of the Cybermen.
The Deep: The first two episodes.
Sherlock: The Great Game.
Plus, as ever, lots of news (Doctor Who, Torchwood and more!)

More madness than ignoring the swimming pool's "no heavy explosives" rule!

Available on iTunes and most other major podcast directory sites or via direct RSS Feed.

We also have a Staggering Stories Facebook group.
You can drop us a line at show@staggeringstories.net or visit our Main Site or Blog

TennantFan88

Re: Podcast 84: El Gran Juego

Post by TennantFan88 »

I skipped forward to the feedback...did Jean watch the right Robin Hood? They do take it seriously, also have you finished season 3 yet El Presidente?
Doctor Who, and SGU, oh (insert cheesy rhyme) WOO HOO!
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

Jean is quite the fan of English Folklore, so both this new Robin Hood and also Merlin can generate a bit of ire - they play pretty fast and loose with the established elements. It doesn't help matters that she was/is a fan of the 80s series 'Robin of Sherwood' (aka The Hooded Man) which has an altogether different treatment of the legend. From what little I remember of it there was more of a spiritual feel to Robin of Sherwood, a little less action/adventure but a lot more gritty realism and an altogether weightier feel to it.

As for me and season three, I had rather fewer saved up than I thought but I have now seen the final episode. Seemed a fitting way to end it, though I was surprised they didn't leave it more open for the brother to take over (but clearly the decision had been made to kill it after season 3). It was good fun while it lasted but I have to say I never really warmed to any of the characters all that much. Still, it leaves a gap in the schedules that is yet to be filled - Spring has Doctor Who and Autumn has Merlin,but the after New Year Winter slot is now empty...
TennantFan88

Post by TennantFan88 »

I loved the Robin Hood ending personally (funny that, I want the show to go on, but that was good), and understandable with liking folklore, but I like how they do/did it for both those shows. It's family fun really, and there have been so many different takes on it anyway. My Mum found Much great! I liked the show a lot and the DVDs (or blu-rays) will be on my escape pod :) . As for season slots, here shows from around the world, get shown in Winter, so Summer sucks for (international) T.V, but there are some good Australian shows at the moment, but there are HUGE gaps (it seems) between them each week. Well, those gaps are more noticeable because in Winter (not just now though) shows are...shown every second day...so I've been reading more and watching more DVDs just recently.
Also have you done (as it were) all my feedback? I'll write more, (I've been playing around with my audio stuff, so it'll be to hard, and I'm lazy).
Doctor Who, and SGU, oh (insert cheesy rhyme) WOO HOO!