-->

Keeping The peace

Anything related to the Staggering Stories site that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Keeping The peace

Post by macfadyan »

well, the music is finished for the trailer. not quite what I was after, but certainlygood enough...have you any idea just how hard it is to arrange peter Howell's Sontaran theme from The Two Doctors? bloody nightmare it is.

anyway....heres what youget in the music....oh yeah, why so many references to other music? Cos this is a fan thing, however as we arent using the usual charecters that others use, ,we need something to give them familiarity and recognition, Something i hope the music does. Also, as Ive said before, I want the music to reflect the arc so reccuring themes also occur

hmm...actually, no......I'll let youlot see if you can guess just what is in it once the mp3 goes up. Not sure when that will be as its down to our Chief Scientist....
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

I say finished but it might need a slight twiddle depending on how well the spoken lines fit....everything has to be "just so" with this one. The lines MUST match the music as the music is theme driven - very heavily. There's eight pieces of music rolled into one.
With luck the trailer should be going up on mon 29th sep...it all depends on weather City Of Gold finishes that update.

I will say something though.....Peter Howell's Sontaran theme from The Two Doctors is a BUGGER to get right...still not sure if I like how its turned out...Ill let you lot be the judges when you finally hear it, lol...

all in all a very productive weekend...

macfadyan

heh

Post by macfadyan »

well, the lads like it.
On the Dunn scale of musical appreciation this one is a "scalp crawler" apparently.....mildly peturbing,if I'm honest....

macfadyan

keeping the peace trailer

Post by macfadyan »

and the trailer is all but finished (had a busy and fun Sunday night, lol)
all it needs is a couple of sfx which should be popping into my inbox shortly...
gotta admit...this one is sounding ....goood!

be afraid

macfadyan

Post by macfadyan »

ok....the trailer is finished...and if I do say so myself its the best one yet Of course, it helps to have some wonderfull ideas from the Dunn to work with.

this one starts slowely...but it becomes a belter.....I think you might just like it...

Ill pop the details of it up when its on the site...

macfadyan

Post by macfadyan »

macfadyan wrote:I say finished but it might need a slight twiddle depending on how well the spoken lines fit....everything has to be "just so" with this one. The lines MUST match the music as the music is theme driven - very heavily. .
nope....the music was just fine...