-->

Episodes you would recommend.

Anything related to the Staggering Stories site that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

TennantFan88

Episodes you would recommend.

Post by TennantFan88 »

Ok, I have one question that needs answering: What three episodes from the new series would you recommend to a new non-Doctor Who fan? I would go with Rose that might explain the premise a bit, the Empty Child/The Doctor Dances that could be for some scares, and maybe one with some really good music, (and yes I do have one person in mind, and he does like his music a lot). So the third will be, although it doesn't have a special peace of music in it Blink might be good, but for me The Eleventh Hour is great too, so, jump in here. :D
Doctor Who, and SGU, oh (insert cheesy rhyme) WOO HOO!
Adam J Purcell

Re: Episodes you would recommend.

Post by Adam J Purcell »

Hmm, good question!

If we are talking a new fan who will be more likely to follow new broadcast episodes than immediately jump back into time, then I would certainly limit myself to Matt Smith stories for now.

So, just from the new Matt Smith era, I would probably go for: The Eleventh Hour, The Beast Below (good introductions to Amy and the Doctor) and maybe Vampires of Venice (a fun historical romp that is 'classic' who in nature) or, if you'd allow stories rather than episodes, I'd probably go for The Time of Angels and Flesh and Stone instead of Vampires of Venice.

More general New Who though, with an eye to stuff available on DVD, I'd agree with Rose and Blink. A great (if oddly dated now) introduction with Rose and Blink obviously represents the pinnacle of what New Who can do. As for a third, this may be cheating slightly, but I'd probably go with The Waters of Mars - an interesting look at the Doctor's moral code that really gets to the heart of the 10th Doctor (and may draw people back to want to find out more about him).

Those are my immediate thoughts, does anyone else care to add theirs?
Head of Pertwee

Post by Head of Pertwee »

I started with Aliens in London
I think any two parter (bar Evolution of the Muppets in Manhattten or ThePoison Sky of the Sontaran Srategem)
Signature under construction
TennantFan88

Post by TennantFan88 »

Head of Pertwee, I thought being a head you'd have some intelligence...or has El Presidente been doing something to you, or is it something to do with that cardboard Amy Pond (I Dunno how to spell her nickname :wink: , but that would muddle my mind), Aliens in London? I don't mind it, but I think it would put none fans off, and I love the Sontaran Stratagem, it has the new Sontarans, the Unit Rocks music (brilliant!) remix kinda thing. But I can agree with you on barring Muppets take Manhattan/Evolution of the Muppets one, but I like the music in it.
But thank you very much for the suggestion :) .
Doctor Who, and SGU, oh (insert cheesy rhyme) WOO HOO!