-->

Rogue Warriors

Talk about the various stories on Staggering Stories, from The Buccaneer Chronicles, The Triangle, Mr. Dalek, The Carrot of Doom Presents, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Xena, and so many more.

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warriors

Post by Rogue Warrior »

Greetings folks. I hope you enjoy the entire Rogue Warriors saga. In total, I will be writing at least three seasons worth. Feel free to make any comments about the stories, no matter how harsh. I look forward to hearing from anyone.
:)
Last edited by Rogue Warrior on Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Star Wars, Star Trek and Doctor Who.
Life sure is odd
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

Hello matey....nicely done....though I think you'll find, especially if you listen to the podcast, that it's 'series' not seasons...we're british, don't cha know?

:P

looking forward to more.......

so...the flame is passed......does this mean Real Keith is now to be retired to a bath chair? Inquiring minds need to know...
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

3 seasons?! That will be amazing - just look how long it has taken the rest of us to do one season of The Buccaneer Chronicles!

That first chapter that went up last weekend was as far as I managed to read that time, so I'm now at the same place as normal readers - looking forward to what's coming next. Who are these warriors? What was their mission? How will they cope on Earth and how will the humans react? A good set up, can't wait for the next chapter!
Rogue Warrior

Post by Rogue Warrior »

macfadyan wrote:so...the flame is passed......does this mean Real Keith is now to be retired to a bath chair? Inquiring minds need to know...
I'm glad that you like the beginning.

And I'm sry to disappoint you, but I have no knowledge whether real keith is retiring or not.

But I assure you, you'll be the first to know :wink:
Life sure is odd
Rogue Warrior

Post by Rogue Warrior »

Sorry for the delay of new chapters.

They will be on there way by the next site update.

By the way, I've just finished writing season 2. It took me two months to do, but it was worth it :D
Life sure is odd
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

Excellent news, I look forward to the next chapter - and beyond!

Season two already?! Just where are we with the Buccaneer Chronicles right now..?! Nowhere near season two, I'm sure (and there are five of us writing that!)

Good work indeed!
Rogue Warrior

Post by Rogue Warrior »

Hi folks! Me again :D

I know only 4 chapters have come up so far, but what are your oppinions on the saga?
Remember, I don't mind if your comments are harsh. I can look back at them and try to improve further chapters in the future :wink:
Life sure is odd
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

Only 4 chapters, he says...ONLY 4 chapters...

Rogue, trust me, your putting someone very close to you to shame

<Coughvampiremutationscough>

nice going matey...many thanks......
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

I took your suggestion and put up two chapters this time. The good thing about them is that each one works on its own but obviously there is a larger story going on between chapters too.

I wish I could write so succinctly most of the time! Punchier pace and a good length per chapter - my stories are always a lot longer, slower paced and lot harder to wade through!

Now that I've got all of your first season it's tempting to cheat and read it all ahead of time. I won't - I want to read it at the rate we publish them - that will help me gauge if one or two chapters a month work better from a web site readers' point of view. Given our monthly schedule I will probably stick to two, as that's what you've asked for (one will mean your next season or two won't be pushed for a couple of years otherwise!)

Overall, good stuff so far!
Rogue Warrior

Post by Rogue Warrior »

Hi everyone!

Sorry I've been away for so long.
I have spent most of my time trying to find a permenent job And been doing my driving test.
It has been pretty hard for me to find a job mainly because of my age.

I had stopped writing the 'Rogue Warriors' saga mainly due to the job hunt and partly because I'm low on ideas for other chapters.

But now I'm happy to say that I've got my driving license, I have a permenent job that starts next week and I will continue the 'Rogue Warriors' saga whenever I get the chance.

To put it simple terms: I'M BACK BABY! :D
Life sure is odd