-->

DWM

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

jackrabbit

DWM

Post by jackrabbit »

Do you people read it? What do you think of the new design. I don't like the new logo at all. It's rubbish.
Black Jack's back
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

I saw a copy and at first thought it might be something like a BBC cookery magazine...

Can't say I think much of the new logo either - any logo that's too difficult to reproduce is no good, especially for a series with so much merchandise associated with it. The simplified form that DWM has been forced to use is, in my not so humble opinion, slightly better than the overly fancy one being used on the new opening credits, however. Only slightly, though. Still, it's better than the McCoy era one....
Havoc

Post by Havoc »

I was in the newsagents looking for it for ten minutes before I realised what it was.

Ho hum...

:roll:
Staggering Stories - I don't like it but I know why!
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

I like it, to be honest....and you never know, it might only have been plain gold to pmake it look special...I'm hoping that it will switch to the proper logo next issue...if it doesn't then they've made a cock up, lol
as ffor the mag, I enjopy it, to be honest...its pootling along nicely
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

The more I look at the logo the less I like it. I looked on the BBC website for the one they're going to use in the new series and that is even worse.
I know I haven't watched it for as long as you people but I like the old logo, especially the Peter Davison one.
They were all really similar - though I haven't seen a first Doctor programme yet - and I don't know why they had to change it so much.
Black Jack's back
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

cos it's modern, innit?

all I can say is...

Why not the Diamond logo, hmm??????????

ahem.

I stil say wait and see. The title sequence has been designed after the logo was chosen. Lerts see how it fits together.

|And I srtill dont think there's printing probs with it as Ive seen it in several publications.)
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"