-->

BTRnews 20050313: 'The Gallifreyan Recommencement'

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

DavidH_aus

BTRnews 20050313: 'The Gallifreyan Recommencement'

Post by DavidH_aus »

> Now available for downloading at http://www.btrproductions.org are Darkness Falls and The Gallifreyan Recommencement, forming the top and tail of the first season of BTR's Doctor Who audio dramas.

ImageDOCTOR WHO: THE GALLIFREYAN RECOMMENCEMENT BY SCOTT MARSHALL

The Doctor's having a bad day. Not only has his power capacitor overloaded, but he's been sitting on a temporal fault-line for several weeks, and no-one has bothered to tell him. But that's not his biggest problem.

Paul's having a bad day. Not only has he been sent on his first Field Correction on his own, but he's managed to run into the most famous of all renegade Time Lords -- the Doctor. But that's not his biggest problem.

Chloe's having a bad day. Not only is the Doctor refusing to get into the holiday mood, but there are hippies wearing only red and green paint dancing around the streets of Blackpool. But that's not her biggest problem.

From the depths of time, an old enemy of the Doctor's returns. And this time, he wants to kill the Doctor -- completely, totally, and utterly, and he's prepared to go to any measures to achieve his goal.

It's no-one's day today.

The Doctor: MATTHEW KOPELKE
Chloe Richards: LORNA HILL

Paul (Tlancyravel) / The Master: WILLIAM BILLINGSLEY
Supervisor Chanson / Det. Sweeney: KATHRYN FALLON
Hippie 1: SCOTT MARSHALL
Hippie 2 / K9 / Police sergeant / Policeman / Omega / Adrindus: DAVID HUTCHISON
William E. Sims Esq. / Det. Insp. Ewan McAndrews / Beggar 2: WITOLD TIETZE
Joyrider: CHRIS SUTOR
Rassilon: SAM ANDREWS
Stall manager / Beggar 1: OWEN SPRATLEY
Beggar 3 / Suigen: WENDY MUSGROVE
Flight controller: KANE MAJOR

Sound design and Post-production by MATTHEW KOPELKE
Title music by RON GRAINER, realised by DOMINIC GLYNN
Incidental music by PETER HOWELL , HOWARD RICHARDSON and JOHN CARPENTER
Script editor: WITOLD TIETZE
Creative consultant: IIAN NEIL
Producer: MATTHEW KOPELKE
Director: SCOTT MARSHALL
Storyline (c) 1999 BTR Productions -- no attempt is being made to supersede or infringe any other existing Copyright in relation to Doctor Who, which remains property of the British Broadcasting Corporation

ImageDOCTOR WHO: DARKNESS FALLS BY WITOLD TIETZE

M 15+
Recommended for Mature audiences 15 years and over:
some violence, occasional coarse language

"Doctor? Doctor, are you there? Doctor, please! I don't know where I am. I need help."

It is true to say that the life I lead is a hectic one, fraught with incident and excitement. So, every once in a while, it's nice to be able to look forward to a little peace and tranquility at the end of the day. Not so for me today.

First, there was the power drain in the Tardis. (Tardis? Seems like home, at any rate.) Not that it was a major problem, mind you. After all, she is an old ship, and some routine maintenance wouldn't necessarily go astray.

No, it's what happened during the power drain that caused me some... shall we say "personal relationship issues". I can't seem to recall all the details. The best I can draw from the recesses of my restless mind is the faint memory of a children's word game. But I keep feeling, as I remember that moment, an evil force casting its shadow over the proceedings. Worrying indeed.

One other memory remains, though it is far more indistinct than the last. I was arguing with my travelling companion, Thomas Caldwell. He doesn't seem to be around anymore, which is why I am putting out this general plea for information. You see, it seems I'm stuck here in this powerless Tardis, without memory of recent events and without anybody to fill in the gaps.

But the biggest question remains unasked: just who am I? I hope somebody can tell me, because I really have no idea what the answer is.

The Doctor: WILLIAM BILLINGSLEY and MATTHEW KOPELKE
Thomas Caldwell: WITOLD TIETZE
Chloe Richards: LORNA HILL

The Master: DAVID HUTCHISON and SAM ANDREWS
K9: MATTHEW KOPELKE
Tardis consciousness / Gastropod: SAM ANDREWS
Catherine / Jasmine: SUSANNAH TILLER
Neil: KANE MAJOR
Floyd: JACOB ALDRIGE
Rebecca: WENDY MUSGROVE

Sound design and Post-production by MATTHEW KOPELKE
Title music by RON GRAINER, realised by JOHN DEBNEY & JOHN SPONSLER
Incidental music by JOHN DEBNEY with JOHN SPONSLER and LOUIS FEBRE; and ROBERT WARNOCK
Script editor: WITOLD TIETZE
Producer: MATTHEW KOPELKE
Director: WITOLD TIETZE
Storyline (c) 2000 BTR Productions -- no attempt is being made to supersede or infringe any other existing Copyright in relation to Doctor Who, which remains property of the British Broadcasting Corporation

Reminders

> BTRchat is on each week at the BTR website, http://www.btrproductions.org, Saturday nights at 11pm Brisbane time (GMT+10). For other parts of the world, this timeslot equates to--
  • New Zealand: 2:00 Sunday (summertime)
  • Sydney/Canberra/Melbourne/Hobart: 0:00 Sunday (summertime)
  • Adelaide: 23:30 Saturday (summertime)
  • Australia Central: 22:30 Saturday
  • Australia Western: 21:00 Saturday
  • GMT: 13:00 Saturday
  • US/Canada Eastern: 8:00 Saturday
  • US/Canada Central: 7:00 Saturday
  • US/Canada Pacific: 5:00 Saturday
The BTR website chatroom is accessed by clicking the "Chat Room" link on the homepage. Registered users are able to participate in the chat session, but all visitors and guests are welcome to watch. To be part of the action, you can sign-up for a user account by clicking on the "Create One" link under User Status on the homepage.

> BTR's WAP service is back on-line, providing BTRnews to your mobile phone or PDA, at tagtag.com/btrpro/. The WAP service can also be accessed from the greater Web using the Wapaliser at http://www.gelon.net -- type any WAPsite address into the text box and click "WAPalise" to have the content of the specified WAPsite delivered in a representation of one of a number of WAP-capable mobile phones.
"You've just seen history!"