-->

Dalek

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

lordsummerisle
Location: lying on the grass on Sunday morning of last week, indulging in my self-defeat

Post by lordsummerisle »

All I have to say to that is I hope you enjoy next week's episode where the Cybermen open an aromatherapy massage centre :D

No point arguing this one, dude. You thought it was fine, I thought it was a small spoiler in an otherwise good episode. Though I disagree with your view I accept it as a valid one. Just don't blame me when the Sontarans arrive on Earth to hold a yoni cleansing workshop and singing Native American chants to help align our chi.
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous." - Alfred North Whitehead, philosopher.
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

LOL...of course we;re none of us right...how could we be? lol

Not even hobbit..hahahahahahahahahahaa
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
Andy Simpkins

Post by Andy Simpkins »

Actually,I quite liked that episode.It brought a much needed touch of pathos to the whole Dalek mythos.After all it did grab some of Roses DNA and it was mutating.It had also absorbed all of Roses feminine feelings like tenderness and compassion and that was why a tear came to its mutated Kaled eye when it realised it was the last of its kind,cut off from the chain of command and getting touchy-feely as well.Showed the Daleks in a whole new light and I thoroughly enjoyed that episode.
I wish I was a glow-worm,a glow-worm's never glum,it's hard to be unhappy when the sun shines out your bum!
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

I'm glad Bert 'got it' (we should all get it at least once in a while)

I watched it again last night and still didn't like the end.

Why did the Dalek's programming not correct the error? Why did we not have a few minutes of it thinking 'oh god what's happened, i am a bad bad sentient being' before it's core programming took over and ousted the nasty Billie-gene (thus giving Rose enough time to escape).

That would have been cool. The Doc could still have gone nuts, we could have still all got in touch with our inner Dalek, but the thing would have reverted to type - as it should be - and we could have had a much-loved 'yeah they're back' explosive ending, rather than a wimpy - if rather good on the SFX - suicide.

BTW, Outpost Gallifrey has a whole link for people who hated the ending and are having to go into therapy to be assured the Daleks will be nasty again next time - so it's not just me and Lord S. Nyer!!

:P
Zebras deserve everything they get.
lordsummerisle
Location: lying on the grass on Sunday morning of last week, indulging in my self-defeat

Post by lordsummerisle »

Bl00dy excellent idea, Hobbit. You should take up writing for a living :D
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous." - Alfred North Whitehead, philosopher.