-->

hmm....it took em 11 episodes....

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

hmm....it took em 11 episodes....

Post by macfadyan »

but they finally got it back to what it should be...admitdly, its a bit fanwanky, but face facts, this confrontation was bound to happen one day- asside from the ultimate adventure, its just not happened. I mean, took em just ten years for a multi doc story, so this one was a long time coming.

ok, the bettingis open....

personally, I dont think the cybermen stand a chance....
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
Chisel

Post by Chisel »

I believe I scared my flatmates (and myself) a bit when I started chanting "Daleks! Daleks! Daleks!" as the sphere opened up. Excellent episode. And yes, the Cybermen don't stand a chance surely.

Still pondering over exactly how Rose is going to 'die', and what the genesis arc has to do with all of this. I have my thoughts, but wouldn't like to say for fear of looking foolish.
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

ok, this isnt spoiler stuff - this is just me guessing...

I think summerisle may be right, the smug git...she does 'die' in this world..or rather, she ends up in the parrelel earth with mickey, jackie and daddykins....

however, warning..do not go to the bbc site as there may possibly be a spoiler on the main new series page...if it IS a spolier then shame on em.

as for the genesis arc, I think it contains the material to build a new dalek race - I think these guys are the last of the 'pure' Skaroan Daleks - remember, only the emporar and his entorage survived the time war, oh, and the single dalek from, er 'Dalek' - all those daleks you saw at the end of last year were converted humans....I see the Dalek Supreme appears to be back - whats the betting the void ship was their attempt to survive the time war in one way or another?

Oh, and I guessed the pod was daleks...I mean, c'mon..its just one great bronze dalek ball....it screamed modern day dalek tech....

I do so badly need to get out more, lol
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
lordsummerisle
Location: lying on the grass on Sunday morning of last week, indulging in my self-defeat

Post by lordsummerisle »

The two most insular, psychotic and murderous races in the universe working together? Surely all you'd need to do is sit back and pretend to be enslaved while they eliminate each other?

As you say, the ultimate in fanwankery but a jolly decent story so far ... a good change as most writers would just think Daleks and Cybermen would be enough.

... and of course I'm right, MacFadyan.
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous." - Alfred North Whitehead, philosopher.
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

They're gonna chicken out and do what Summersisle said...GITS!!!

I was really hoping they wouldn't but it looks like they're going to - I can't take another let down this close to the World Cup...<sulk>

Gonna drink lots of cider and hide in my room.... :x
Zebras deserve everything they get.