-->

So Torchwood then... (Spoilers)

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

Adam J Purcell wrote:
macfadyan wrote:shouldn;t it now be 'lady Summerisle'???????

don;t cha just love Nick Cage?

:evil: :twisted:
Haven't we already done this joke?!

We have?

bugger!

never fear, I shall return with something original sometime soon...ish....next year...maybe......
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
tallorder

Post by tallorder »

Adam J Purcell wrote:Anyway... It will be interesting to see how episode three turns out. One thing about the new Who is that they try to give each story its own identity. It looks like this next Torchwood might be a ghost story (is this general PJ Hammond's episode?)
No, actually it's from the pen of Who Script Editor Helen Raynor (who look a bit like this... http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cul ... 1785.shtml) - who's entrusted with a 2-parter for Who series 3... and yes, it looks like a cracker.
Ian D. McArdell says...

"You have often said... pass"
tallorder

Torchy Ep Titles (Spoiler Free if you saw series trailers)

Post by tallorder »

Still to come;

03 "Ghost Machine" Helen Raynor (Who Script Editor)
04 "Cyberwoman" Chris Chibnall
05 "Small Worlds" PJ Hammond
06 "Countrycide" Chris Chibnall
07 "Greeks Bearing Gifts" Toby Whithouse (Who penned "School Reunion")
08 "They Keep Killing" Paul Tomalin & Dan McCulloch
09 "Invisible Eugene" Jacquetta May
10 "Out of Time" Cath Tregenna
11 "Combat" Noel Clarke (Yes, that one!)
12 "Captain Jack Harkness" Cath Tregenna
13 "Apocalypse" Chris Chibnall
Ian D. McArdell says...

Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

Wow, I'm amazed! RTD has only written one episode for this series (the first episode)? Chris Chibnall seems to be the man, with four episodes (starting with the slightly weak 'Day One').

Interesting list. I've no idea if they plan to do another set of stories next year but those last four stories sound particularly interesting and, probably, revealing.

In the immediate future I too have high hopes for Ghost Machine. Cyberwoman sounds like it could be a bit of a duffer, monster of the week type stuff. Hopefully I'm wrong on that one. It will be interesting to see what Hammond has in store for us, doubtful it will be another ghost story so soon (as I would have probably expected from him given Sapphire and Steel). Probably a bit too obvious to ask him to write such a story.

So, what are the chances that Chris Chibnall and Cath Tregenna are pseudonyms for RTD? :lol: Maybe he even ghostwrote Noel Clarke's episode too?! Okay, maybe not..!
lordsummerisle
Location: lying on the grass on Sunday morning of last week, indulging in my self-defeat

Post by lordsummerisle »

No, Chibnall's for real.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Chibnall

I'm sure RTD's got enough on his plate with Who but all the same I'd imagine most of the stories are from his plot outlines.
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous." - Alfred North Whitehead, philosopher.
tallorder

Post by tallorder »

Adam J Purcell wrote:It will be interesting to see what Hammond has in store for us, doubtful it will be another ghost story so soon (as I would have probably expected from him given Sapphire and Steel). Probably a bit too obvious to ask him to write such a story.

So, what are the chances that Chris Chibnall and Cath Tregenna are pseudonyms for RTD? :lol: Maybe he even ghostwrote Noel Clarke's episode too?! Okay, maybe not..!
Hammond? Faries at the bottom of the garden, I believe.

I believe Chris Chibnall knew and had worked with Phil Collinson previously on the BBc series 'Born and Bred'.
Noel Clarke is a fine writer based on his film 'Kidulthood' - not sure if it's quite the Torchwood/Who genre - but the boy can write. Expect some gritty stuff and a fair bit of 'street' language!

Cath (Catherine) Treganna has mainly credits for Casualty. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0871734/ I think she's part of the Welsh agenda... though I'm sure she's a fine writer in her own right!
Ian D. McArdell says...