-->

Let's get a Doctor Who track in the charts!

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

tallorder

Let's get a Doctor Who track in the charts!

Post by tallorder »

With the advent of downloaded tracks now being eligible to get in the Top 40, a group of fans with a mind to could band together and get a track from their favourite show some radio airplay...

To that end, a couple of us on Outpost Gallifrey have decided to take a crack at getting the fine Murray Gold penned song "Love Don't Roam" from this year's Doctor Who Christmas Special up the charts.

I though I'd post and let you guys know... if anyone wants to join in, please download the track between 15th and 21st Jan - from a major online music site e.g. iTunes (it will cost 79p). It's sung by the excellent Neil Hannon of 'The Divine Comedy' and well worth a listen.

Cheers all.
Ian D. McArdell says...

"You have often said... pass"
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

Sounds like a good idea! Where other than iTunes can it be bought, though?
Unfortunately I already own it from iTunes and I don't think you can buy the same track twice (though could be wrong).

It's like Doctor'in the TARDIS all over again!
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

ah, but what if one likes song for ten, eh? eh???

anyway, I have more sense then to pay a whole 79 of your great british pence for something I have on cd.....

now, Tom Baker 'singing' girl you really got me going.....now that I may just go for, lol.
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
tallorder

Post by tallorder »

Looks like it's only available on iTunes sadly... plan is to purchase early in the week and then it might become legitimate news for the Who themed websites to comment on... and thus build some momentum, A mere 79p.... re-register in the name of Pertwee's head!
Ian D. McArdell says...

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Excellent idea, tallorder! I'll do it for two reasons:
1 It's a good song
2 A colleague has a pathalogical hatred of all things Who and it would be good to p*** him off :)
Zebras deserve everything they get.
Andy Simpkins

Post by Andy Simpkins »

I have an even better idea.Why don't we canvas enough people to go to sites like iTunes and Napster and download a William Shatner song into the charts.... :D :twisted:
I wish I was a glow-worm,a glow-worm's never glum,it's hard to be unhappy when the sun shines out your bum!
tallorder

Post by tallorder »

Um,,, both the Sun and the Guardian have commented on this daft plan now - and also a couple of websites. Bizzare. Don't forget to buy from Monday!
Ian D. McArdell says...

macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

oh dear Bod...can you imagine just how smug he'll be if you succeed, hmm? I mean, he;s already Smuggy Smugpants from Smugtown, Land of the Smug.....

Don't get me wrong, I love murray's music (just wish it wasn;t dubbed on so loudly and that he;d taklen a bit more care with the mix of the full theme on the cd) but he does come over as, well..um..smug, lol..

Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

macfadyan wrote:he does come over as, well..um..smug, lol..
Do you ever worry that you might be projecting or just simply jealous?! :lol:

Anyway, yes, I'll try to setup another iTunes account tomorrow (it will have to be on a Windows machine) and squander a whole 79p! Cheaper than that Doctor'n the TARDIS record I must still have somewhere but probably won't have the same resale value in 40 years time (or maybe it will - namely zero!)
macfadyan

Post by macfadyan »

nope..it's just how he comes over in interviews...like I sya, love the music, he just comes over as smuggy...me, I come over as arrogant...theres a difference :P