-->

Time Crash

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

tallorder

Time Crash

Post by tallorder »

So - what did people think. I thought it was great fun - loved the desktop theme line and the Master's rubbish beard stuff. Plus with the time differential line Mr. Moffatt's sorted out all the continuty probs with aging actors returning as the Doctor. Plus it was all for charidee.... :D
Ian D. McArdell says...

"You have often said... pass"
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

I thought it was pretty good. Certainly some good lines. A little bit crowbarred inbetween a couple of shots from the end of Last of the Time Lords but that's okay! 5th Doctor was rather grumpy - must be a result of instantly being a couple of stone heavier - I think that would make me a little grumpy, too!

Perhaps a little too much writing to Tennant the fanboy at the end there but, again, I can forgive that as Davison was my first Doctor, too (I remember something of Tom but it wasn't until Davison's time that I really became a fan).

Of course it was a year early. RTD - no multi Doctor stories. Yeah, right! I suppose RTD didn't write it and this was, as you say, a charidee special! Still, hasn't Moffatt taken over as Producer yet?

Don't miss the Doctor Who Confidential on the Children in Need section of the BBC site (http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey/onthenight/ ... rwho.shtml), almost as good as Time Crash itself!
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

yup, loved it - we'll be talking about it in the next podcast to be recorded - number 10!! (we'll be releasing a special featuring interviews with all the cast, a podcast by podcast guide thats a bit dodgy and instructions to build your own Keith!)...

as for the beard line...well..I only saw what it meant on OG.....a 'beard' is the wife of a gay person who uses said wife to disguise his, um..gayness...apparently.
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
tallorder

Post by tallorder »

And that's why the Doctor was so keen to dismiss the notion that they were brothers in The Sound of Drums :shock:
Ian D. McArdell says...

"You have often said... pass"
damaudios

Post by damaudios »

Oh deary! I never knew that one Tony! My giddy aunt! Oh crumbs!

It was fantastic - me and the mrs loved it!

Davison didn't look out of place in the console room whatsoever - it could have been his!

Who heard the music era transition when Davison looks at Tennant and goes 'You're... a fan'? Brilliant 80sesque music and then a magical harp and we have new series orchestra stuff. Brilliant.

The perfect love letter to the 5th Doctor.
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

of COURSE I heard the musical transition! You don;t think anything you can hear will stump me, do you? :P
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"