-->

Who Christmas Presents....

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

tallorder

Who Christmas Presents....

Post by tallorder »

Hello out there - I wondered if any of you received any groovy Who presents this year?

With a little direction, I was lucky enough to be given the Series 3 box-set, The 2008 Storybook and a copy of the Gary Russell Encyclopedia.

Come on... admit it... who is now in possession of a whole bunch of toys?
Ian D. McArdell says...

"You have often said... pass"
lordsummerisle
Location: lying on the grass on Sunday morning of last week, indulging in my self-defeat

Post by lordsummerisle »

Not me, though I was hoping for a Harry Sullivan with his foot stuck in a giant clam.
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous." - Alfred North Whitehead, philosopher.
tallorder

Post by tallorder »

Me too... Good man... I see you have signed that worthy petition. Not long and we can start barracking for a PigBin Josh and bicycle figure too!
Ian D. McArdell says...

"You have often said... pass"
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

I too suggested (and received) the 3rd season box set. Also got the double BBC documentary type CD - Doctor Who at the BBC: The Tenth Doctor (as presented by, of course, Elisabeth Sladen!) Haven't had a chance to listen to that one yet.

Got to say I'm increasingly disappointed with the extras on the Doctor Who season Box Sets (at least for New Who!) The Tennant dairies are okay, glad they are there, but never quite meaty enough or covering the bits I'd like to see - no conversation with Christina Cole and absolutely nothing about Blink (for obvious reasons, I suppose), for example. I suppose the Confidentials are the behind the scenes bits but they are nothing new, in fact they are less than we've already seen as they are the cut down versions. Disappointing compared to some of the old series DVDs.

Got some other great pressies but that's it for groovy Who presents, I think.

As for the Harry Sullivan with his foot stuck up Davros' clam - perhaps we can all get that for next Christmas?!