-->

Partners in Crime <spolier>

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

Adam J Purcell

Partners in Crime <spolier>

Post by Adam J Purcell »

That wasn't nearly as bad as I feared. In fact I thought it was quite good! Hardly high art but entertaining enough. As a season opener I think it did a good job - you can't start too heavy (though, talking of which, I would have thought America would have been a better setting, all things considered!)

Catherine Tate wasn't too bad. I wasn't irritated by her nearly as much as in the Runaway Bride. I think I will be able to stomach her at this rate after all. Time will tell on that one. The mime meeting was very funny.

Why did I get the feeling those little fat creatures were shaved Flumps?!

Rose! When I saw the side of her head I thought it might be her. It was! Sad music for a happy occasion! Clearly this is part of the ongoing season arc.

All in all, not a bad start for season 4. I look forward to next week (though muted the Coming Next Week bit and watched it through the corner of my eye so as not to be too spoilt).
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

sorry to edit and put the spolier warning, but our American freinds havent seen it yet and we like leslie and want to keep getting her feedback, lol

This site ISN'T Vote saxon, the lil bastards.....

I am reserving judgement till

a) Im sober

7) the correct podcast

iv)Ive seen it agan in a moment - as you'll find out the fan launch had...hiccups,rofl. Also, I was intervied and think I gave some opinions which were of the general nature...Im not sure...I KNOW I kept the good stuff for our podcast but...
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
tallorder

Re: Partners in Crime <spolier>

Post by tallorder »

Adam J Purcell wrote:Why did I get the feeling those little fat creatures were shaved Flumps?!
Put the razor down and back away from that Flump slowly!
Ian D. McArdell says...

"You have often said... pass"
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

tallorder wrote:Put the razor down and back away from that Flump slowly!
Try and stop me, copper! And other such criminal sayings...

So, next week is back into the past? Is RTD finally breaking the all too tried and tested formula of present day, the future and then an episode in the past? About time...
tallorder

Post by tallorder »

Adam J Purcell wrote:
tallorder wrote:Put the razor down and back away from that Flump slowly!
Try and stop me, copper! And other such criminal sayings...

So, next week is back into the past? Is RTD finally breaking the all too tried and tested formula of present day, the future and then an episode in the past? About time...
Hang on... what formula? Where else can one travel in time except either the past or the future?

S1 went present day (Rose), future (End of the World) then past (Unquiet Dead)
S2 went future (New Earth), past (Tooth & Claw).
S3 went present (Smith & Jones), past (Shakespeare Code) then future (Gridlock).
This year it's Present (Partners in Crime), past (Fires of Pompeii) then Future (Planet of the Ood).

Not much of a formula really - you need to be present day to pick up the companion as that's where they tend to come from. It's a time-travel show - and you've got to showcase that in the opening episodes or else it might as well be Torchwood/DS9 style where the action come to you.... :shock:

Beyond that, the only forumla you can really accuse him of is holding off the 2 parter until ep's 4 and 5 - except that in S2 & 3 it was 5 and 6 instead. :D

Last year broke form quite nicely really - the enemy in the early 2-parter did not return in the finale and the final 3 eps were effectively a linked trilogy.
Ian D. McArdell says...

"You have often said... pass"
lordsummerisle
Location: lying on the grass on Sunday morning of last week, indulging in my self-defeat

Post by lordsummerisle »

But where are all the bees disappearing to?

Entertaining enough, plot lite but it was always going to be more about establishing character with a new(ish) companion and family to introduce.

Nice to see Mad Martha get a name check, assuming it was deliberate. RTD knows all about the torrent scene it seems :wink:
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous." - Alfred North Whitehead, philosopher.