-->

On The Subject of Conventions...

Infuriated by something we've said in a Musing? Get it off your chest here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

hantsbear

On The Subject of Conventions...

Post by hantsbear »

...the "Trial of an Alternative Timelord" at the last Leisure Hive (1989??), when a tape of Mistress Jean Riddler, spinster of the parish of Thamesmead, impersonating Bonnie Langford was played. Said Mistress Riddler was seen sliding neatly to the floor in an elegant movement of pure embarracement. We won't mention hantsbear's taste in Hawaiian Shirts.

...the first Carousel, where hantsbear was mistaken for a member of "Anthrax", playing in the same town...

...the second Carousel, where the committee were looking out from the hospitality room at a rainbow over Brain's Brewery, and Jaqueline Pearce slipped elegantly up to Mitch, put an elegant arm around his shoulder and uttered the words "Kevan, darling, you arranged all this for meee?" Poor love hasn't been the same since.

hantsbear the pseudonym.
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

heh heh heh

Post by macfadyan »

...the "Trial of an Alternative Timelord" at the last Leisure Hive (1989??), when a tape of Mistress Jean Riddler, spinster of the parish of Thamesmead, impersonating Bonnie Langford was played. Said Mistress Riddler was seen sliding neatly to the floor in an elegant movement of pure embarracement. We won't mention hantsbear's taste in Hawaiian Shirts.

It should be noted that The Dunn has all this on video tape (note to Adam - video tape was an early way of recording either television programmes or events.....)

I believe he is open to bribary.....
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
hantsbear

Post by hantsbear »

Unfortunately, this bear is immune to bribary because he is:-

1. A raving pooftah who will have a poke at anything with facial hair.
2. Got his own copy of said video, which he gleefully shows to alland sundry with the caveat that "I've had the treatment and they let me out with time off for good behaviour"!!

Formulated and controlled by Laboratoires Hantsbear. :wink:
Havoc

Post by Havoc »

Whatever happened to Carousel 91, that's what I want to know.

Or Jean Riddler, for that matter.

Is it true she defected to The Who Shop?

:twisted:
Staggering Stories - I don't like it but I know why!
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

Jeannie is alive and well - it was never prooved!

As for the Who Shop...well.....yes, what about them? LOLOL

I have a feeling I shall be babbling about some more convention embarresements shortly.......however, before then I intend to just have a general rant.....I'm a happy chappy really, honest.....
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
hantsbear

Post by hantsbear »

Ah yes, the "Who Shop". Still alive and kicking as far as I'm aware, despite attempts to push it off a railway bridge into the path of a District Line train...

Hantsbear. Because you're worth it.
tallorder

The Who Shop

Post by tallorder »

Yes and they've managed on-line ads all over the Radio Times Who mini-site. Shudder.
Ian D. McArdell says...

"You have often said... pass"