-->

Doomsday

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

tallorder

Doomsday

Post by tallorder »

Good, wasn't it!
Ian D. McArdell says...

"You have often said... pass"
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

Hmmm.. Im reserving judgement...want to watch it again, tbh...some things in it rankle me....
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Liked it a lot! Even got quite sniffly at the end.
Good job team :D
Zebras deserve everything they get.
lordsummerisle
Location: lying on the grass on Sunday morning of last week, indulging in my self-defeat

Post by lordsummerisle »

Enjoyed it.

But ...

... when all those Cybermen got pulled into the vortex due to the fact that they were covered in vortex stuff from having travelled between worlds, what about the Cybermen they'd been busy creating from the Torchwood staff on our Earth who hadn't?

They're still here.

Just thought I'd mention it.
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous." - Alfred North Whitehead, philosopher.
tallorder

Post by tallorder »

lordsummerisle wrote:They're still here.
That's the way of leaving the door open for another return - hey, those suits were expensive! Same with the Temporal shifting Dalek (BBC got the license from the Nation estate for 3 years you know).
Ian D. McArdell says...

lordsummerisle
Location: lying on the grass on Sunday morning of last week, indulging in my self-defeat

Post by lordsummerisle »

tallorder wrote:That's the way of leaving the door open for another return
Well, that's what I thought but I didn't want to say. My last prediction came far too true for comfort.

One thing that rankled though, are Daleks that much mightier than the Cybermen? I'm all for totally evil and nasty Daleks, and these were rotten to the core, but I wasn't happy to see them carving through Cybermen like they were cheese.

Though I did like the idea that while thousands of Cybermen don't worry them, one Doctor does.
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous." - Alfred North Whitehead, philosopher.
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

'Fraid that's how it should be - daleks are an ancient civilisation with terrifyingly advanced tech...the cybermen, especially the ones from alt earth, are newborn, almost - they simply don't have the tech - give them a few millenia and maybe...

and Im still chewing the cud over this one..too many holes, methinks....
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
tallorder

Post by tallorder »

macfadyan wrote:and Im still chewing the cud over this one..too many holes, methinks....
Well, don't pick at it then! Just enjoy.

Oh, and I've been on OG today - reckon I've seen a rebuttal for any hole you care to mention!

What do you make of The Bride then?
Ian D. McArdell says...

lordsummerisle

Post by lordsummerisle »

tallorder wrote:What do you make of The Bride then?
I'm not bovvered :D
tallorder

Post by tallorder »

Although it seems the character's name is Donna (presumably Blitzen and Rudolph will also be in the cast) - I am henceforth christening her Bridezilla!
Ian D. McArdell says...