-->

Cats

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

lordsummerisle
Location: lying on the grass on Sunday morning of last week, indulging in my self-defeat

Cats

Post by lordsummerisle »

"It is the business of the future to be dangerous." - Alfred North Whitehead, philosopher.
hantsbear

Post by hantsbear »

...what was it we were saying about people with too much time on their hands, hmmm...?

:shock: :lol: :twisted:
Logic merely enables you to be wrong with authority.
lordsummerisle
Location: lying on the grass on Sunday morning of last week, indulging in my self-defeat

Post by lordsummerisle »

It's amazing what you find on the internet when you're sitting around waiting for a fridge to be delivered.

http://www.catsinsinks.com/
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous." - Alfred North Whitehead, philosopher.
tallorder

Post by tallorder »

lordsummerisle wrote:It's amazing what you find on the internet when you're sitting around waiting for a fridge to be delivered.

http://www.catsinsinks.com/
It's the website the internet was invented for! Fantastic. Now, who's for Dogs in bidets?
Ian D. McArdell says...

"You have often said... pass"
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

Ian D. McArdell says...

May you have a long life and may energy shine on you from a million suns

hmm...been watching Frontier in Space or reading Dr Who and the Space War, have we, hmm? Think thats where that's from but its gone 1am and I've just got back from saving the universe so my brain is a tad frazzled...an evening of the Dunn does that to a person, you know.

As it is, tonight we possibly reached a nadir of sadness......It was a good idea, no, really, it was....the the Dunn listened to the voices in his head again....I'm saying no more, but expect a sequal to a Staggering Stories product test shortly...

Some of those sinks look far too posh.
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
tallorder

Post by tallorder »

I think it must be the novelisation only, as I saw some of Frontier on UKTV Gold a couple of weeks back and it was never mentioned. Was it the Draconian greeting? The memory fades... (and the book's in the loft!).
Ian D. McArdell says...

"You have often said... pass"
lordsummerisle

Post by lordsummerisle »

Seeing as I had nothing to do and have an e-book of the story I thought I'd check and yes, it is in the novelisation.
Malcolm Hulke wrote:"Having issued his threat, the Prince bowed stiffly and mumbled the meaningless diplomatic farewell of the twenty-sixth century. 'May you live a long life and may energy shine on you from a million suns.'

The president rose and started to reply. 'And may water, oxygen and plutonium be found in abundance-' But the Prince had already turned his back on her and was walking out of the great room.
Now call me picky but I'd have thought that the combined energy of a million suns would be likely to cook even the hardiest of diplomats. Mind you, I suppose it depends on how far away they are, the energy of more than a million suns shines on all of us but fortunately most of them are far enough away so as not to do any serious damage. The reply isn't much of an improvement either, while oxygen and water in abundance is a good thing it might be better if plutonium were only found in small and deeply buried quantities unless you're immune to radiation.

Perhaps this is a twenty-sixth century version of the old Chinese curse "may you live in interesting times".
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

you haven't been getting out much recently, have you, summerisle?
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
lordsummerisle

Post by lordsummerisle »

No, I spent most of today at home watching the footy and most of yesterday at home waiting for a flippin' fridge to be delivered !!

Is it any wonder we were at war with Draconia if that's how our diplomats spoke to each other? I'm sure if we'd just shot all the diplomats we'd have got along so much better.

It's a nice fridge though. Makes a pleasant change for all the USB devices attached to my PC not to lose power when the compressor kicks in.