-->

Free Portal! (well, the first few levels)

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

Adam J Purcell

Free Portal! (well, the first few levels)

Post by Adam J Purcell »

http://www.steampowered.com/nvidia/

If you happen to have an nVidia graphics card (and 2/3rds of people seem to, according to various stats) then you too can download the free Portal: First Slice!

Just go to the link above, it will check your machine to make sure you are running an nVidia card and then you can download and play Portal! (Windows only, I'm afraid).

Really worth a look, a fantasic game! More about it on our next podcast, too!
lordsummerisle
Location: lying on the grass on Sunday morning of last week, indulging in my self-defeat

Re: Free Portal! (well, the first few levels)

Post by lordsummerisle »

Adam J Purcell wrote:and 2/3rds of people seem to, according to various stats
Damn! 4/5ths of my machines have an ATI. The remaining one has an old (and I mean OLD) nVidia card. I'll check this out but I ain't holding out much hope.

Note to self. Upgrade hardware!!
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous." - Alfred North Whitehead, philosopher.
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

As a consolation prize to those that can't get the free Portal, here's an attempt by someone to recreate that now infamous Portal song "Still Alive" in Mario Paint (a kiddie music sequencer):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lo6uXwi4M0 (no lyrics, so no spoilers!)
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

Yoshi notes fixed by request

added extra mushrooms for steadier rhythm

and there was me thinking I was working atthe basic end of the spectrum. Actually, that is quite superb in a horrible, oh god its mario sort of way, LOL
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"