-->

Podcast 32: Jumping to Doomsday

Talk about anything to do with our Staggering Stories Podcast!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

Adam J Purcell

Podcast 32: Jumping to Doomsday

Post by Adam J Purcell »

Podcast 32 is now live. You will find it at the usual places.

This time we talk about:
  • Some news: Lots of Doctor Who (Children in Need trailer, THE Colin Baker in Panto (it's actually Bath, though!), Tom Baker Has News For You and Paterson Joseph - Doctor 11?) Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO, Sarah Connor reprieve and The Shat takes on Takei.
    Doctor Who: Favourite and Least Favourite Music.
    Doctor Who: Four to Doomsday.
    Heroes Season 3 (so far).
    Fight Club: Captain Jack vs. Captain Jack (Harkness and Sparrow, that is).
    and yet more..!
Feel free to discuss!
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Good work, that man - take a short holiday. I hear Luxor is nice this time of year...
Zebras deserve everything they get.
scardis

Post by scardis »

Great work as always. Thanks for the warning before hand about the timin of recording versus that little side note in relation to David Tennant. Nice to hear general nods of agreement with all my picks for various best/worst bits. You didn't leave in my defence of my liking of SJA but thats OK cos I'm sure I'm not alone on that one. Nice points about the music, The Impossible Planet piece really is an under appreciated piece of beautiful music and in my opinion the Series 1-3 vesion of the theme tune is better and more epic, while I like the Series 4 version (I warmed to it from Partners in Crime onwards after being appauled at the change on Voyage of the Damned) I still reckon that the end credits music on the Series 2-3 is a far better 'middle 8' and end piece.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/ram/2006theme.asx
Pure hair on neck raising stuff. (Someone else thought so as it's clearly the piece being used in the trailer for 'The New Doctor' )
lordsummerisle
Location: lying on the grass on Sunday morning of last week, indulging in my self-defeat

Post by lordsummerisle »

Hobbit wrote:Good work, that man - take a short holiday. I hear Luxor is nice this time of year...
Nah! Far too warm. How can you even be thinking of a holiday when the weather here in the UK is so glorious?
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous." - Alfred North Whitehead, philosopher.
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Damn, you're right - holiday's cancelled :P
Zebras deserve everything they get.
wyn

Post by wyn »

Excellent show chaps. First one where my feedback wasn't read out :cry:
Bit too near the knuckle? Or just a bit late?
Mind you, I did have a quick case of "Ooh, was that wise?" immediately on pressing the send button :oops:
Must try harder to be like a normal human being, and wait for the medication to kick in :wink:
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

wyn wrote:Excellent show chaps. First one where my feedback wasn't read out :cry:
Bit too near the knuckle? Or just a bit late?
Just a bit too late, I think. We recorded on the Monday and, if I remember correctly, your feedback came in on the Tuesday. :(

No matter, though! I'm sure we'll get to it next time (this coming Monday). The Wyn shall not be ignored!
wyn

Post by wyn »

Due to real life, I often don't get the chance to email you guys until quite a while after the podcast has gone out. Could I be cheeky and ask if you could mention in the podcast when you need emails sent by? Then I'll know when to get on to my email. :wink:
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

We never know with absolute certainty but we've recently been in the habit of recording on the Monday evening before the weekend of publication.

That being the case, we should be recording again tonight, for publication around about Sunday afternoon (official publication date is Monday the 24th of November but it will be Monday in Australia by then!)

I'm sure we can say when we think we'll next be recording in the podcast, if that's any help. That is assuming I remember, of course! So often I mean to say things and then forget during the recording... Perhaps I should make a list or something?!
wyn

Post by wyn »

Due to real life, yet again I was late with my feedback, I seem to be permanently one podcast out now. Must try harder.