-->

About the wonderful and talented Gavin Standen

Anything related to the Staggering Stories site that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

Tahsa

About the wonderful and talented Gavin Standen

Post by Tahsa »

It is my sad duty to inform those that do not know, that Gavin Standen, who helped do some of the audio on here, has died on 2 December 2003. He will be sadly missed and was deeply loved by all.

All those that wish to know more info can contact me further via pm here.
Becareful of what you say, it maybe the last thing the other person hears.
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

Im rather shocked by this. You have my sympathies and I'm sure those of the rest of the team. Gavin provided 4 superb impersonations for the fast show spoofs - yes, thats him doing Mc Coy as well, We had SO much fun writing those sketches = all done in one night amidst too much laughter
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
Tahsa

Post by Tahsa »

Yes, Gavin talked about how and when he did those voice overs! lol It was an amusing story, one of which had me in stitches as well! :lol:

He was a very talented man and I'm sure I will not be the only one who will miss him deeply! But I suppose with the audio on here, I can always hear him once in awhile. :?
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

well, not just you....the sketches have proved rather popular and are being shared in a file sharing thingy...as such, ,his voice is being heard around the world and I expect, will carry on doing so for a fair time to come....its a sort of consolation, in an odd way. There have also been messages of condolance from rec arts and the BTR forum, etc.

macfadyan

Post by macfadyan »

a message from Theresa (who can't seem to get in here for some reason...)

I was shocked and saddened to hear of Gavins untimely death.
Our deepest sumpathies to his son, friends and family.

Theresa and family

also theres been a message on floor ten..

http://www.floorten.com/board/viewthrea ... =309&FID=1

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Please send our thoughts to Gavin's family...
Tahsa

Post by Tahsa »

In a short time, I will print all the forums out that have Gavin mentioned and send them to his son and mum...... I think they will be happy that Gavin was loved and supported all over the world! (I just wished he knew this more so, as I would think he would be here today if he did! )
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

I'm sorry to say I didn't know Gavin all that well but, from those few times I did get the chance to meet him, it was obvious he was very talented, friendly and funny. He will certainly be missed by me and, I'm absolutely sure, the rest of us here in Crawley. He really did add a lot to our Saturday evening get-togethers those few times he joined us - as I'm sure is obvious from his work on the site.

My thoughts are with his family and friends. He will be sadly missed.
Andy Simpkins

Post by Andy Simpkins »

I can only echo the sentiments already aired on this board about the tragic loss of Gavin.He added a further surreal edge to our Saturday night role-playing sessions when he was down in our neck of the woods and his sense of humour was on a par with our own and even zanier at times.He will be sadly missed.
I wish I was a glow-worm,a glow-worm's never glum,it's hard to be unhappy when the sun shines out your bum!
Tahsa

Post by Tahsa »

Just wanted to post a short reply to things as such. His mum is "coping" as she says. She has her moments as Im sure we all have. March was hard for her, as not only was it her bday,her wedding anniversary but also her husband died a few years back in March. So she has been pretty brave I'd say.

I have a short piece written about Gavin and all comments to be added to it will gladly be accepted to it on my site.

http://www.geocities.com/immortal_calli/Gavin.html