-->

A Time Lord In Prince Henry's Court

Anything related to the Staggering Stories site that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

A Time Lord In Prince Henry's Court

Post by macfadyan »

Right then - my first full length thingy. I'm used to the sort of thing you can find in the audio section here - short little thingies.
So, I have to admit, I was a little daunted. But now I'm doing it, I'm rather enjoying it. Its a bit of a challenge, trying to oome up with so much music - heh, imagine if it wwere a BF play - I'd be going "aaaiiieee", lol...but I'm managing. Took a leaf out of that young Ayres chappy's book - sort an orchestra, get some basic themes going and then riff.

So, what is this that will appear next update?
Its the music for the pre-credits scene to part one. The version of the Dr Who theme isn't by me and I have to say I really like it. I think this is the first time it's been used by Aaron - blokey in charge oi the crossover adventures, and if thats the case then theres a wonderfull little riff in that theme that i can refer to in the incidentals - try to give a sense of "wholeness". Its the start of a season also, so i think it will help to consolidate the thing - give a sense of solidity - well, its what I'd do, lol
Yes, you can hear snatches of "Death's Theme/Death's Champion" from The Buccaneer Chronicles. Not gonna say why just yet. Ah, yes, "Death's Theme/Death's Champion" are from "Macfadyan's Folly/Beware The Judder Man". Remember me saying I'm trying to help tell our Bucky stuff with the music? Well, I tend to choose themes for charecters that can be combined. The idea being that if a certain charecter appears i can use their theme and it will blend right in with other themes to produce..well, in this case "Macfadyan's Folly".

So, just who is Death's Champion? Mortimus? Macfadyan? Or someone else? Time will tell.....

heh, Aaron's gonna kill me, LOL
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

So, whatever happened to all this music you were doing for other people? Is any of it available for us to enjoy yet or have you been too busy working with Russell (Mr. T) Davies instead?
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

shhhhhhhhhhh
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

So I take it big Russ didn't take you in the end? Let me guess - he used and abused you before spitting you out in favour of Murray? It's a cruel world out there in showbiz, so I'm told!