-->

Podcast 45: The Throwback

Talk about anything to do with our Staggering Stories Podcast!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

Adam J Purcell

Podcast 45: The Throwback

Post by Adam J Purcell »

Podcast 45 is now live!

You will find it at the usual places.

This time we talk about:
  • Doctor Who: Invasion 09 Convention Report.
    Ashes to Ashes: Episodes 2.1 and 2.2.
    Star Trek: The Best and Worst of The Original Series
    Escape Pod Discs.
    Plus, as ever, news (Doctor Who and otherwise)

and yet more..!
Feel free to discuss!
Head of Pertwee

Post by Head of Pertwee »

Why isn't it on iTunes yet??
Signature under construction
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Nice work, Adam!
Zebras deserve everything they get.
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

Head of Pertwee wrote:Why isn't it on iTunes yet??
I'm not sure how often iTunes checks for RSS feed updates. I've manually pinged iTunes to, hopefully, force an update. Being that I'm running Linux (where no iTunes client exists) I can't actually tell if they've updated or not, though.

Even without me manually pinging them, I'd expect them to update within a couple of hours or so...
Hobbit wrote:Nice work, Adam!
Thank you. It was a much less stressful edit this time around than the last few, don't know why! It can't have been the source material - it is always excellent! :)
wyn

Post by wyn »

Whilst I am touched that I now have my very own regular section on the 'cast ("sublimibal" messages) why do I get the feeling that I'm going to have to slap each and every one of you once I've deciphered them (and obviously worked out a way to play the podcast backwards)?

Excellent work as ever

Keep it up....or else
Wyn
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

wyn wrote:Whilst I am touched that I now have my very own regular section on the 'cast ("sublimibal" messages) why do I get the feeling that I'm going to have to slap each and every one of you once I've deciphered them (and obviously worked out a way to play the podcast backwards)?
If you could really be bothered I'd recommend Audacity for all your audio editing needs (there's a nice 'reverse' menu option that we find invaluable in creating the 'subliminal' section!)
wyn wrote:Keep it up....or else
Or else what? Or else the Head gets it?

:!:
I just want to add a quick update on the outage yesterday:

Apparently there was a major 'core network outage' at Bytemark (the company that hosts the Staggering Stories VPS). No traffic was getting in or out between 17:40 and 21:00 (they claim, other reports suggest it may have been as early as 17:05).

Looks like I can't really blame Apple for this one, then. Also rather bad luck that it happened whilst I was at the cinema! Or maybe not, there wasn't anything I could do about it, except perhaps warn people.
tallorder

Post by tallorder »

I see there's a picture from the classic "Spock's Brain" on the podcast... haven't heard it yet but I do hope you haven't been giving that poor episode a kicking... Turnabout Intruder is much worse IIRC. Or indeed anything with 'bum-head' aliens!
Ian D. McArdell says...

"You have often said... pass"
wyn

Post by wyn »

My technical skills have reached an all-time, all-time low. Loaded audacity, loaded podcast, stared at it like a dog who's just been shown a card trick... do I need to save the podcast as a different file format or summat?
It's nice to be important, but it's important to be nice.
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

export it as a wav, or flac...then you can play it on audacity as you like...or take the wav into winlame and mp3 it...except, doesnt it already come as an mp3? Your just making work for yourself, matey!
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
wyn

Post by wyn »

...sob.... I just want to be able to play it backwards to know what they're saying... waahhh!!!! :cry:
It's nice to be important, but it's important to be nice.