-->

Wot no breadsticks? No Daleks buried under the patio?

Anything related to the Staggering Stories site that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

tallorder

Wot no breadsticks? No Daleks buried under the patio?

Post by tallorder »

So it's Billie Piper then for Rose and Anna Friel will have to stick to wobbling along about breadsticks and evolution on mobile phone adverts.

At least Piper's not some Casualty or soap star reject (mind you, Friel did Brookside) and it won't be a fully northern crew in the TARDIS... Piper hails from Swindon, famous for, um.. er... Melinda Messenger and well, er, Billie Piper!

Bille was reasonably good in the recent BBC version of 'The Miller's Tale' and also shined in the kids in care themed drama 'Bella and the Boys'.. the girl can act - just pray she doesn't treat us a chorus of 'Honey to the Bee' or 'Because we want to' :shock:

Mind you, RTD did say there would be more of a horror element! :lol:
Last edited by tallorder on Tue May 25, 2004 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian D. McArdell says...

"You have often said... pass"
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

I'd heard the name from somewhere before and a quick google check confirmed she's some failed Pop star.

I hope you're right that she can act, it looks to me like she's just another 'celebrity' of the type that frequents reality tv programmes...

I was rather hoping the new series didn't collapse back on the old way of casting the female companions - mainly on looks and how badly their sprained ankle acting was...

Who has had a lot of bad (or at least mediocre) actors cast in major parts in the past (including some of the Doctors...) and I think that did more to damage any dramatic credibility than wobbly sets ever did.