-->

CATS!

Anything related to the Staggering Stories site that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

Leslie_theminx

CATS!

Post by Leslie_theminx »

Just read the review of CATS. As y'all may or may not know, I'm a big musical fan (hence writing Doctor Who the Musical seasons 2 and 3). CATS is in my top five. I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Andy, aside from the Cats molesting people in the aisles. I've seen it once in a touring production and have the video they made back in 1997 which I have watched so many times the tape's gone wonky, I could probably sing the whole thing backwards and forwards. It's amazing that it's still running after 20+ years, isn't it? ALW is one of my favorite composers (his CD "Phantasia" as performed by Julian Lloyd Webber and Sarah Chang is just wonderful) even though, yes, he has a rather frog-like face.

Actually, the first place I had ever heard of the "shy and retiring" John Barrowman was a Phantom of the Opera CD with John as Raoul. I thought he was fantastic then, and was so pleased to hear he was going to be in Doctor Who.

Still think someone should perform my musical versions, since apparently a lot of the regular cast can sing ...
Adam J Purcell

Re: CATS!

Post by Adam J Purcell »

Leslie_theminx wrote:I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Andy, aside from the Cats molesting people in the aisles.
Interesting to read it wasn't just me that got that treatment, I must say! She was quite attractive in that tight leotard but she was dressed up as a cat and I usually leave to cat molestation to another member of our team..!
Leslie_theminx wrote:Still think someone should perform my musical versions, since apparently a lot of the regular cast can sing ...
Barrowman can obviously sing, as can Billie (to at least some extent!) I find it hard to believe that Tennant has a decent singing voice (I suppose you never know, though) but the thought of Catherine Tate wailing away..! :shock:
Leslie_theminx

Post by Leslie_theminx »

Adam J Purcell wrote:
Interesting to read it wasn't just me that got that treatment, I must say! She was quite attractive in that tight leotard but she was dressed up as a cat and I usually leave to cat molestation to another member of our team..!
God, which one?!
Adam J Purcell wrote: Barrowman can obviously sing, as can Billie (to at least some extent!) I find it hard to believe that Tennant has a decent singing voice (I suppose you never know, though) but the thought of Catherine Tate wailing away..! :shock:
Tennant can sing, or so I've heard ... he was on Blackpool singing. Okay, fair enough, I haven't heard him do it, but if Gerard Butler can ...

Catherine Tate ... oh dear. She'd break glass.
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

Adam J Purcell wrote: I usually leave to cat molestation to another member of our team..!

you are a sick person, sick, depraved and,...and......

look, he makes all thse things up...you should hear what he says about my jedi charecter in star wars rpg........he aint right, I tells ya..I mean, this is a guy who talks to the Head of Pertwee in the small hours. AND CLAIMS IT TELLS HIM WHAT TO DO....
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
Leslie_theminx

Post by Leslie_theminx »

macfadyan wrote: this is a guy who talks to the Head of Pertwee in the small hours. AND CLAIMS IT TELLS HIM WHAT TO DO....
Fair enough.
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

It may be true that the Head of Pertwee tells me to do dreadful things but even I wouldn't do that to a cat! :twisted:
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

Don't mention that effing head...I had to try and explain it to people tonight......seriously, how the hell do you explain that without coming over as a raving looney, eh?????

Leslie_theminx

Post by Leslie_theminx »

Now I see what they mean when they say men who admit they love Doctor Who send girls running away ...

Just kidding.
macfadyan

Post by macfadyan »

Just you wait till you get over here, young lady! Ooh, but there'll be words - I refuse to be double teamed by you and Purcell-Face up there.....Don;t make me withdraw the chocolate!

Leslie_theminx

Post by Leslie_theminx »

Them's fighting words!

:P

I guess since you don't like twinkies or oatmeal creme pies I have nothing to bargain with.