-->

Fat man in embarrassing cult science fiction costume: No. 97

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

lordsummerisle
Location: lying on the grass on Sunday morning of last week, indulging in my self-defeat

Fat man in embarrassing cult science fiction costume: No. 97

Post by lordsummerisle »

"It is the business of the future to be dangerous." - Alfred North Whitehead, philosopher.
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

Boxleitner's certainly put on a fews pounds!

Eurk! In real life he's gotta be a NY cop who's had a doughnut or 1000 too many...

I doubt even a cray super computer could render the number of polygons required for that gut!
lordsummerisle
Location: lying on the grass on Sunday morning of last week, indulging in my self-defeat

Post by lordsummerisle »

It's the shameless display of proto-testicles in the third picture that gets me. He could have at least worn a box.

BTW, I have a Rage Fury MAXX card that might suit McFadyan's PC. Is he still on Windows ME .... it works under XP but ATI aren't going to release XP drivers and the native ones on the XP install don't support 3D. Should be better than the Matrox/Voodoo 2 combination he's using assuming he hasn't upgraded.
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous." - Alfred North Whitehead, philosopher.
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

oooh, thats bad for the eyes...I need to go wash 'em.

I'm on 98se - will that suffice?

I know, old hat, but it does, lol...cheers sooty
:twisted: :evil:
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
lordsummerisle

Post by lordsummerisle »

Should be fine under 98SE. Mail me your address, I think I've lost it, and I'll stick it in an envelope for ya.

Oh, and harping back to an earlier conversation, you should listen to the whole of "The Seduction Of Claude Debussy", it'll get you out of your 80's phase :lol:
Andy Simpkins

Post by Andy Simpkins »

Greetings,programs!AAAAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!

Here's the new amended script for "Tron"

Tower Guard:"Got a renegade program here.Says his name's Jay Maynard."
MCP:"What did he do?"
Tower Guard:"The fat git invaded high-clearance memory and stuffed his face"
MCP:"You're in big trouble,program...."

The curse of Shatners gut has finally been digitised and is now invading the Electronic World.Fat men and skin-tight leotards do not mix.It would have taken all of the MCP's computational power to digitise that walking tub of lard and put him down on the Game Grid.Besides,he would have been derezzed in his first disc battle as he would have been carrying all that weight around and would not have been able to dodge incoming discs!
See my avatar on the left?That's how it should be done.....
I wish I was a glow-worm,a glow-worm's never glum,it's hard to be unhappy when the sun shines out your bum!
tallorder

Good Grief!

Post by tallorder »

I don't know what's worse - the fact that he appeared in public in the costume (which to be fair many of us have done at one time or another) or the fact that he was keen to write it up and post it on the net. I must say though I was expecting it to be a picture of someone I knew...

It was a particularly nice touch to see his paunchy belly from both left and right profile on each occasion, in fact, I feel so much better about my weight that I'm off to gorge myself on deep-fried mars bars and cheese :D
Ian D. McArdell says...

"You have often said... pass"
lordsummerisle

Post by lordsummerisle »

Someone you knew? Unfortunately, cards 1 to 96 (also known as the "Attack Of The CyberLangley" set) are no longer in my collection :(
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

unfortunetly? UNFORTUNATLY?????

be thankfull!!!!

Though I always thought he dressed up as Victoria....
:evil:
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
lordsummerisle

Post by lordsummerisle »

Thank you for putting that image in my head, MacFadyan. I'm just off to trepan myself now, pausing only to compliment you on your imaginative spellings of the word 'unfortunately' :P