-->

November the ninth, 2006

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

lordsummerisle
Location: lying on the grass on Sunday morning of last week, indulging in my self-defeat

Post by lordsummerisle »

She's not mentioned it, probably due to her being in Egypt for a week.

Anyway, good luck!
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous." - Alfred North Whitehead, philosopher.
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

cheers

day four
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
Andy Simpkins

Post by Andy Simpkins »

Keep on keeping in there.Just remember that the cravings only last for a few minutes before they recede and make sure you have some chewing gum handy when you do get one.The desire to spark up after a meal is always the one to watch out for so just bear that in mind.You will also find the need to hold something when you have a craving,like a pencil or just make a fuss of one of your mogs for a few minutes.That way you are occupied and you are not thinking about ciggies.Habits normally take about 3 weeks to psychologically break so perseverance is the word. :D
I wish I was a glow-worm,a glow-worm's never glum,it's hard to be unhappy when the sun shines out your bum!
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

day five.

macfadyan

Post by macfadyan »

Day six and going worryingly well....I'm sure Im doing something wrong.....

macfadyan

Post by macfadyan »

day seven

lordsummerisle
Location: lying on the grass on Sunday morning of last week, indulging in my self-defeat

Post by lordsummerisle »

macfadyan wrote:....I'm sure Im doing something wrong.....
Not for the first time I'm sure :D

Actually, what you're probably doing right is not drinking. Statistics can prove that most people give up giving up after they've had a few pints.
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous." - Alfred North Whitehead, philosopher.
macfadyan

Post by macfadyan »

Im gonna be writing something about this for the next update. I can certainly see how drinking may influence things, no pun intended.

So, day eight, end of week one, carbon monoxcide levels at zero and a very happy 'stop smoking nurse'.

Hmm...think I'll treat myself with a burst of eighties music......

lordsummerisle

Post by lordsummerisle »

macfadyan wrote:Hmm...think I'll treat myself with a burst of eighties music......
Quick! For the love of God, someone give him a fag!!!!
Andy Simpkins

Post by Andy Simpkins »

Better rose-tinted lenses than smoke-obscured ones......
I wish I was a glow-worm,a glow-worm's never glum,it's hard to be unhappy when the sun shines out your bum!