-->

A little bit of politics...

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

Hobbit

A little bit of politics...

Post by Hobbit »

Has anyone noticed how the Hutton inquiry is dragging on just long enough for people to get bored and wander off..? Not that Teflon Tony will find himself neck deep in muck. (Until the next election)
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

you noticed that, ,did you? Well done. You'll end up as the next Sarah Jane Smith yet.
(note to historians: it was this post that caused the death of Tony Gallichan involving a large cushion, a blunt kitchen instrument and a Xena doll - with pole of power!)

Coincidently...the thought for the day I got just now was the one about how to get teflon to stick to the pan.
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

oh, and that better not be a singing dinosaur as your avatar!!!!!!!!!!

Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

Perhaps it's a singing senior intelligence official?
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Of COURSE it's a singing dinosaur. He's called Chirpy and his favourite song goes like this:
<Dramatic chord>
Oh I see a rock in the sky
It flew right past my eye.
It was pretty and bright
Ooo what a sight
It was the asteroid from space...

(Unfortunately Chirpy was unable to write more.)

((Which just goes to prove there is a God.))

(((There again, if there is a God, she wouldn't allow violent things to happen...such as the one that is going to happen to Tony when he least expects it.)))

((((Adam's just a git...))))
macfadyan

Post by macfadyan »

and people wonder why I hear voices..........

Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

Do you hear voices because you hang around pubs filled with government scientists and grubby macked hacks?

Back on topic for a second - I'm quite impressed with the Mutton Inquiry. Most such inquiries happen behind closed doors and take years to run and cost absolutely millions of my not-so-hard earned taxes!

Still, I don't think the media are doing enough to highlight the truth (as I see it!) Perhaps it wasn't 'sexed up' but clearly it wasn't in the least bit accurate - 45 minutes, indeed! Saddam couldn't find his way to the nearest phone in one of his massive palaces in just 45 minutes!

The dossier is full of lies of omission - qualifications to sweeping statements that should have been there were not. Everyone should vote them out next election - Vote the Staggering Stories Party - we'll spin you some whopping stories but we'll always say "it's just for fun!"

Perhaps the real question is though - what with Alastair Campbell do next? The next Iraqi Information Minister? Used Car Salesman? Estate Agent? Proctologist?
Andy Simpkins

Post by Andy Simpkins »

Note to Adam:Please do not mention proctologists,it brings back unpleasant memories...Flashback to me lying on my side on a hospital bed with lots of people looking at my best side whilst wearing rubber gloves :shock: :oops:
macfadyan

Post by macfadyan »

Hospital? You told me it was a house in Maidenbower....or was it a bungalow?

Andy Simpkins

Ouch!

Post by Andy Simpkins »

Tony,I hate to disappoint you but it was Crawley Hospital.Houses in Maidenbower are stictly for swingers.Must be something in the water over there.....