-->

WOW!!!

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

Hobbit

WOW!!!

Post by Hobbit »

OH MY SWEET HAIRY GOD!!! Haven't got that excited about Dr Who since...well...ever!!!
Zebras deserve everything they get.
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

luckily, Real Keith number 6b videoed that excitement and it will be up on You Tube, next to the Fanorgasm clip, later.....

it wasn't a bad episode...but I AM wondering what the casual viewer may have made of it....yes, the last couple of minutes, and the coming next week trailer were...OMG...however, again, casual viewer?

and I am now wondering, did El Presidente watch confidential? And if so, was that scream of anguish I heard, the scream of a would-be world dictator seeing....something right at the end of the show?
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

That was an excellent episode! Such a good Doctor-lite episode that I was immediately forced to rewatch Blink. After Confidential, that is...

Yes, I did see the major spoiler at the end of Confidential but it was too late, I was spoiled on that one yesterday afternoon during the Torchcast recording... It was Wikipedia that 'done it' for me. The Trivia section at the end of 'From Out of the Rain' had a fact that I glanced over and immediately regretted it. It said that the chap who played the Ghostmaker is playing X in the 2008 Doctor Who... Can't say it was much of a surprise, however, so I'm not too concerned.

Back to Turn Left, very good overall and an excellent final 30 seconds or so (not counting the trailer for next week, as I didn't watch that). Is it my imagination or did the first couple of scenes with Rose speaking sound as if she'd just got back from a nasty visit to the dentist?!
Andy Simpkins

Post by Andy Simpkins »

That is very true, El Presidente.She did seem to be mumbling and lisping somewhat.A point I shall be bringing up in the next podcast :D
I wish I was a glow-worm,a glow-worm's never glum,it's hard to be unhappy when the sun shines out your bum!
tallorder

Post by tallorder »

Porcelain veneers apparently - nothing to do with what she's had in her mouth filming her other TV series - sorry chaps :D
Ian D. McArdell says...

"You have often said... pass"
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

How jolly rude!!! :D
tallorder

Post by tallorder »

I of course meant the plum in her mouth when in the role of Sally Lockhart :lol:
Ian D. McArdell says...

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

I have popped
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

Hmm, not too sure what to make of The Stolen Earth for now. A second viewing and, more importantly, the next episode will swing it one way or another.

My initial reactions were good, though there were niggles. Switching between Rose/Donna's family, Torchwood and Sarah Jane Smith felt a little jarring. Matha's situation fitted okay. As did Rose's (though odd to see her with Wilf and Sylvia). Torchwood and SJS felt like we were in different programmes. That's probably more down to my own perceptions - if I'd never seen those programmes I'm sure I wouldn't have an issue.

Dave Ross - jury still out on him, too. He's not been given his chance to really sink his teeth into it yet (isn't it odd seeing him with white teeth?!)

As for the cliff hanger... I really hope this isn't his time. I don't really believe it is - they couldn't keep that under wraps, could they? They did make a thing of the hand again, could that be involved in keeping him around? The fact that only half of him was shot? I'd be surprised and disappointed if his time has come already. I'm hoping he'll be around at least part way through 2010... Certainly did it's job though - I almost watched the preview for next week to see if there are any clues, almost. It will be a long week to wait!

EDIT: I forgot to mention something. I hope they have a line in next week's episode where Wilf says: "We'll never make it tonight, the place is crawling with Daleks."!
Last edited by Adam J Purcell on Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tallorder

Post by tallorder »

I'd be really surprised if the Hand isn't going to, ahem, have a hand in the regeneration. I've a funny feeling that DT will be both the 10th and 11th Doctor - or something crazy like that. Perhaps a new personality with an identical body> Who knows... all I know is I thought it was great - though I'm slightly concerned that Donna seemed to be hearing Drums at one point :shock:

A week is a long time to wait... oh, and OG's forum seems to have failed again (n surprise there!)
Last edited by tallorder on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian D. McArdell says...