-->

Let Me Introduce my self........

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

catwillow

Post by catwillow »

Party wasn't what I hoped for. It was more a gathering og peeps from work and stuff. Still had fun... :) Still want to hold a big bash for all and sundry.. ! within reason.. I reallllllllllllllllllllly want ot throw a big party... :mrgreen: But they tend to be expensive :!: :idea: :idea: How about we all have an on line party?? set a date when we're all about for a good old natter on line... we can all get drunk in cyber space.. or did you all do that last month?? 8)
A happy healthy hipster called Heather, became exceedingly clever at strumming & riffs, octaves & fifths and said "knock me down with a feather!"
Andy Simpkins

Macfadyan's salad days.....

Post by Andy Simpkins »

Tony,from all this chit-chat,I understand that Heather was one of your boon companions in the convention days back in the(cue heavenly music,misty-eyed expression,serious New Romantic shirt) 1980's!!!!Ah,those halcyon days when men wore more lippy than the girls and music was produced on keyboards and not played on guitars....Spandau Ballet.....Duran Duran....Soft Cell.....Ultravox.....It's all come flooding back to me and I can see you wiping a tear from your eye.I'm going to get some serious stick on Saturday,methinks......(adopts best Master sinister chuckle)Heh heh heh :twisted:
I wish I was a glow-worm,a glow-worm's never glum,it's hard to be unhappy when the sun shines out your bum!
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

Why should I give you stick when Im in charge of the audios? I can do SO much more

<cue mad Bonkers Tom laugh - far scarier and probably alchohol induced...)
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

catwillow wrote:Party wasn't what I hoped for. It was more a gathering og peeps from work and stuff. Still had fun... :) Still want to hold a big bash for all and sundry.. ! within reason.. I reallllllllllllllllllllly want ot throw a big party... :mrgreen: But they tend to be expensive :!: :idea: :idea: How about we all have an on line party?? set a date when we're all about for a good old natter on line... we can all get drunk in cyber space.. or did you all do that last month?? 8)

alternativly you could always pop down for a weekend.......A) we'd love to see ya and b) I'm sure we could come up with a line or two for you to record for us Er, no Bonnie, ,ok? LOLOL

Yes, ,Crumbly, heather is an old friend who enjoys killing ashtrays - imagine, mentally, my female equivilent then go sideways from that and you'll get an idea.

I know awaot a firm rebuttle from cat, lol.

catwillow

conventions & stuff

Post by catwillow »

Yes it was the 80's!... My first convention was way back in 1985, Liesure Hive... I was only a mere sweet sixteen........ I'll rephrase that.. I was a very loud, gregarious "IM HERE..LOOK AT ME" sweetish sixteen 'flutter eyelids inocently' ... Where did I meet you Tony? was it the Fitz?
I met Karen through Penny and I met Penny at a signing at the old Forbidden Planet in 1985.... Met Kieth the following liesure Hive Convetion as did Karen!!...Met all others at variuos places... Met Jean at the old Who shop in Butlers Wharf! in 1985... Yep it all started in 1985... I was let loose on London and Fandom... I think I am correct in saying (without sounding too aragont).. Once met never forgotten.. I certainly left my mark at my first convention thats for sure... I think John Levene still shudders at the suond of my name!!!...

As do the Ashtrays!!!!!!.....

Gotta go to work now... bysesie bye
A happy healthy hipster called Heather, became exceedingly clever at strumming & riffs, octaves & fifths and said "knock me down with a feather!"
macfadyan

Post by macfadyan »

hmm....it was either carosel 90 (and they'll be a musing about that from me soon, , Terry Walsh and Jaqueline Pearce are the ones that make me shuder, lol) or the Tavern immediatly before it when jeanie, in a fit of panic asked me to do some interviews. All I know was that was a damn good year....shame it all went so wrong.

ah well, we live and learn

macfadyan

YAYYYY ME!!!

Post by macfadyan »

I'm thefirst poster on a second page on this forum!!! About bloody time this thing took off, lol.

Oh, and Heather?

You can sing, ,can't you? I think I've got just the thing for you...

go to the audio section and listen to beware the judder man in The Buccaneer Chronicles nonsense....then tell me you can do it better then me......Id love to actually have someone who can sing record it...so hows about it, H?

catwillow

Post by catwillow »

HI, Im the second!!

Still waiting for the thing to download and I'll get back to you... my comp is an old dinasaaur and needs gentle handling... Ha!
catwillow

Post by catwillow »

Lovely song.
reminds me a bit of Nick Cave.

Ok, Yep I can do that. Give me the lyrics.. I couldn't quite make them out... Also give me the chords as I could acompany your sound track with my guitar. Im relearning my guitar.
Can I download the song to CD for practice?
happy to help.. I can bash out a tune or two. 8)
catwillow

Post by catwillow »

macfadyan wrote:hmm....it was either carosel 90 (and they'll be a musing about that from me soon, , Terry Walsh and Jaqueline Pearce are the ones that make me shuder, lol) or the Tavern immediatly before it when jeanie, in a fit of panic asked me to do some interviews. All I know was that was a damn good year....shame it all went so wrong.

ah well, we live and learn
Terry Waslh kept looking down my top the cheeky ';%^&$££!******k!!!!!!!! :roll: