-->

New MMO: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

Adam J Purcell

New MMO: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Adam J Purcell »

I doubt anyone will be surprised by this news (it's been heavily leaked, after all) but we finally have official word:

Bioware's new MMO is Star Wars: The Old Republic
http://www.swtor.com/

Is it gently wafting curtains for Star Wars Galaxies? I'm certainly looking forward to this new MMO, much more so than any other (e.g. Star Trek of Stargate). Could be good. Should be good, from the makers of KOTOR 1 (though not KOTOR 2).
TennantFan88

Re: New MMO: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by TennantFan88 »

I'm going to take you task there...KOTOR TWO WAS FABULOUS TOO! :D
Doctor Who, and SGU, oh (insert cheesy rhyme) WOO HOO!
Adam J Purcell

Re: New MMO: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Adam J Purcell »

Forget the first part of my last sentence there as I wasn't saying KOTOR 2 wasn't good but instead just saying "from the makers of KOTOR 1 (though not KOTOR 2)." KOTOR 2 wasn't made by Bioware (who made KOTOR 1 and are building SWTOR) but instead by Obsidian Entertainment.

For whatever reason I've never actually finished KOTOR 2 (though did the original). I know they had some time pressures and dropped some fairly significant amount of content, including a Droid Factory and an entire planet. Not having finished the game, I can't say whether that too badly affects the game or not.

Back to Star Wars: The Old Republic, though. I'm still quite looking forward to this but I know there have been rumblings that it might not be quite as amazing as we first hoped. I presume we will get to find out for ourselves next year (2011)...