-->

Tennant leaving

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

Hobbit

Tennant leaving

Post by Hobbit »

Zebras deserve everything they get.
lordsummerisle
Location: lying on the grass on Sunday morning of last week, indulging in my self-defeat

Post by lordsummerisle »

I reckon he's been delaying this announcement until there was no chance that Russell Brand would be offered the role.
Last edited by lordsummerisle on Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous." - Alfred North Whitehead, philosopher.
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

Yes, you are probably right! I hear Tennant can be a bit devious when he wants to be. Could he have arranged for Russel Brand to meet Andrew Sachs' granddaughter? Could he have slipped something into their drinks to make them a bit more amorous? Could he have hypnotised Brand into calling Andrew Sachs about it? I think he could!

Seriously though, damn shame. I'd really have liked for him to do another full season under the Vast Toffee (MN) - it's got to be better than being under RTD! :lol:

A Christmas regeneration next year? Or will that Christmas special (assuming there is one, of course) be the new Doctor's Christmas Invasion? Probably filmed as part of the 2010 season, so most likely.

Sad to see him go. A very tough act to follow, Mr. Joseph (or whoever!)
lordsummerisle
Location: lying on the grass on Sunday morning of last week, indulging in my self-defeat

Post by lordsummerisle »

Adam J Purcell wrote:Could he have slipped something into their drinks to make them a bit more amorous?
Something to make Russell Brand more amorous? Is such a substance possible?

Tennant is certainly going to be a tough act to follow. While you could make that argument for the first four Doctors without blinking, I think this could be the trickiest bit of casting the BBC has had to think about for a considerable number of years.
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous." - Alfred North Whitehead, philosopher.