-->

So what's next?

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

tallorder

So what's next?

Post by tallorder »

That's Torchwood (plus the Radio 4 plays) done with... possibly finally. So what's next... I fear we're due a cult-less summer...

Sarah Jane Series 3? I guess we'll get this before the rumoured November transmission of 'The Waters of Mars...

Robin Hood's gone, so has Primeweevil..., how long until Merlin S2?
Perhaps itv will finally get arounf to screening The Prisoner remake mini-series?
Anyone think there's a chance that a major terrestrial channel will pick up the new 'V'?
Ian D. McArdell says...

"You have often said... pass"
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

Isn't it always a cult-less summer? (Nothing to do with the Cult of Summer Glau, of course!)

I expect Merlin will reappear in the autumn, for more of that Lois and Clark style close shaves, with Arthur nearly discovering Merlin's secret, each week.

Sarah Jane's Adventures will likely resume at the same time. I wonder if the school they all go to was one of the failing 10%? No, I think we can be sure that there will be no mention of CoE at all.

V looks like it will appear in 2010 now, perhaps as a mid-season replacement for something else. We probably won't see that until at least March 2010, then. I don't know how many episodes it is due to have but it's probably too many to strip across a week as the BBC did with CoE. That's a shame as I think V would be perfect for that (that's what they did with the original two mini series, I believe).

Then, as you say, there is The Prisoner. I'm quite looking forward to that. With 6 episodes they could strip that from Sunday to Friday (yes, I'm fixated with the idea, it worked so well with CoE and I can't believe the other channels have sat up and taken notice). However they do it, I doubt we'll see it until the autumn - no channel puts out it big budget stuff over the summer.

So, yes, it's looking a bit dry for a while. There is some good stuff on the horizon, though. More than we could have said in the late 90s and early 00s!