-->

New Who logo

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

Hobbit

New Who logo

Post by Hobbit »

Zebras deserve everything they get.
Adam J Purcell

Re: New Who logo

Post by Adam J Purcell »

Well, here it is:

More about it (though not much more!) at http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho

My first reaction was... it's okay. I like the idea of the TARDIS shape for the abbreviated form but overall it feels a bit cartoony - the sort of logo I'd expect on a web based animated series like Scream of the Shalka. It will probably grow on me, especially after seeing it in context of the new opening credits.

I am a little disappointed that the 'O' in Doctor Who isn't Matt Smith's head. Okay, not really but it would have been very funny! :lol:

Who do you think will be the first pedant to complain about the squared off light in the TARDIS form?
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Did you notice the squared off light in the TARDIS form? Ruins it for me :P

No - it's OK. I agree it's a little cartoonified but - well - it's a logo. The whole thing leaves me with a 'meh' feeling. Perhaps I'm just an old grump!

K
Zebras deserve everything they get.
Andy Simpkins

Post by Andy Simpkins »

Not too sure what to make of it at the mo.It does look like something that would adorn the front cover of a comic book but I will reserve full judgement until I have seen the first episode of teh new series.The problem is that we have been spoilt by the opening titles for the Ecclstone/Tennant era for so long that change will rest uneasy for a while.... :|
I wish I was a glow-worm,a glow-worm's never glum,it's hard to be unhappy when the sun shines out your bum!