-->

the wicker man

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

the wicker man

Post by macfadyan »

saw this again last night. One thing struck me......

at the end when the islanders are burning young e wah woo wah, they are singing a little happy song.....
I thought Id heard the tune before...its the tune from the song the mice on the mouse organ sing when they are cleaning something...we will fix it, etc......so, ,bagpuss and the wicker man........a conspiracy I think we should be told about...

I now await lord summerisle's response, LOL
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
lordsummerisle
Location: lying on the grass on Sunday morning of last week, indulging in my self-defeat

Post by lordsummerisle »

The song is "Summer Is A Coming In" (there are variouf olde Englyfhe fpellingf which I won't bore you wythe) and it dates from around 1250AD making it even older and tattier than Bagpuss and approximately the age of your smartest pair of socks :lol:

Now, find a male virgin, pass the matches and sing along with me .........

"Summer is a-coming in
Loud now sing cuckoo
Groweth seed and bloweth mead
And spring the woods anew"
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

that reminds me......any chance you could send me an mp3 of run with the fox? haven't heard it in years...

cheers mate...will you be coming to tavern? I know you don't, but then neither do I.....it would be good to see ya....

lordsummerisle
Location: lying on the grass on Sunday morning of last week, indulging in my self-defeat

Post by lordsummerisle »

The Tavern is a non-starter for me since they ripped out the Sam Smith's pumps and went over to creamflow style beers. I do hate to encourage that sort of thing with my custom.

An MP3 of Run With The Fox though, no problem. Do you want it emailed to you, what sort of bitrate?
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous." - Alfred North Whitehead, philosopher.
macfadyan

Post by macfadyan »

I don't know, me, andy and karen are gonna be there, heather too, hopefully.....as we missed each other at brogdale might you reconsider...? :evil:

as for bitrate, whatever you disire....and yes, please mail it.....thanks matey

lordsummerisle

Post by lordsummerisle »

It's on it's way. 4Mb worth so if your email is taking its time downloading, you can blame me ;O)
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous." - Alfred North Whitehead, philosopher.