-->

Is anyone watching... Scream of the Skalka?

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

tallorder

Is anyone watching... Scream of the Skalka?

Post by tallorder »

I'm not proud... I'm prepared to admit I've sampled eps 1 and 2 - have broadband at work you see.

What's with the animation... sometimes it's okay and sometimes it looks like a bad rendition of South Park?

What about the 'new' version of the music? Why wasn't Tony asked... his stuff is miles better (sorry Tone, that's not much of a compliment I'm afraid) and I'm sure he'd have been cheap!

Does anyone else like Richard E. Grant or is it just me. The BBCi message boards are giving his acting a right slagging. (Sir) Derek Jacobi eh? That's two brushes with Who in as many months...

Staircase in the console room... thoughts anyone?

NB. I'm told that the new BBC coffee table book effort 'Doctor Who - The Legend' (rehash cash-in) spoils the whole shabang including Mr. Cornell's ha, ha, cleverer than thou big twist. Don't know what it is though.
Ian D. McArdell says...

"You have often said... pass"
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

I'm not proud... I'm prepared to admit I've sampled eps 1 and 2 - have broadband at work you see.

I am proud! Of course I watched it - I have broadband at home, d'you see?

What's with the animation... sometimes it's okay and sometimes it looks like a bad rendition of South Park?

I believe the frame rate has been reduced to aid bandwidth etc - if you catch the advert on the bbc you'll see it in it's glory (well, sort of)....the dvd should be better.

What about the 'new' version of the music? Why wasn't Tony asked... his stuff is miles better (sorry Tone, that's not much of a compliment I'm afraid) and I'm sure he'd have been cheap!

Many thanks - a new version from me on the sunday update. A test piece for The Schrodinger Effect to see if the director likes it. I like the new version - I'd like to hear a "clean", full version. I did approch Cornell and asked him to give me a contact address for the producers to see ifI could audition, however, by then it was a little late. I've recorded and mixed the opening and closing themes together and have a little mp3 of it....if you ask me nicely......

Does anyone else like Richard E. Grant or is it just me.

he's ok - sounds slightly like McGann, however. Also, an angry, ,brusque Time Lord.....does that sound familiar to anybody...?

Staircase in the console room... thoughts anyone?

er, No. None. Whatsoever.

NB. I'm told that the new BBC coffee table book effort 'Doctor Who - The Legend' (rehash cash-in) spoils the whole shabang including Mr. Cornell's ha, ha, cleverer than thou big twist. Don't know what it is though.

LOL....ah well. And yeah, it IS a rop. And from what I've aseen of it, somewhat crap.
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
catwillow

Post by catwillow »

:mrgreen: Hi ya! I have surfaced from the work load to take a peak to see whats happening man!

I like Richard E Grant.

My computer is so slow that the animation looks poor. Im sure it would look better on a better computer.

Haven't heard your version yet Tony of theme. sory for not submitting the aniversary thingy. Work stuff and personal stuff took priority.

So whens the party? :D
A happy healthy hipster called Heather, became exceedingly clever at strumming & riffs, octaves & fifths and said "knock me down with a feather!"
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

heh, , I shouldn't worry, H...its not that good. As for the party, , I believe there might be another visit to the tavern in december.....Ill let you know
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"