-->

Curry

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

tallorder

Curry

Post by tallorder »

Other Dubious Foodstuffs

Does anyone know what the deal is with 'meat' curry. I'm looking thorugh the menu and Chicken gets a mention, so does Prawn and King Prawn. Then we get 'Meat' Madras, and 'Meat' Korma. WHAT meat? Is it, as I suspect, a lableing method to cover the fact that the 'meat' in question is decided by whatever is passing the kitchen at the time - be it Rat, Goat or Tourist?
Ian D. McArdell says...

"You have often said... pass"
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

Meat Curry, huh?

I'm not a Curry person myself but from what I gather they tend to be rather spicy - now I am beginning to understand why! Could it be that you are indeed correct and the 'meat' in question is any left over animal tissue they have lying around? Disguise the taste with hot spices and who would know the difference?

I can certainly imagine dog, cat, rat and ferret offal being used. Perhaps some of them have even done a deal with Ginsters and they get whatever couldn't be gotten away with in a pie or pasty!

I smell a conspiracy here - or is it just the salted decaying innards pilled up for the next curry? Inquiring minds want to know!
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

<sigh>

Post by macfadyan »

These are my friends...pity me
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
Andy Simpkins

Attack of the Ginsters

Post by Andy Simpkins »

All this talk of Ginsters is starting to take on a very sinister note and I agree that when the Missing Persons list increases,so does Ginsters bank balance.However,all this pales into insignificance compared to a sight I saw a few years ago.This is a true story!!
When I was holidaying on the Isle of Wight a few years ago,myself and a few friends were taking a stroll through the old village of Shanklin.We were all having a good time until we passed a Chinese restaurant in the High Street and from nowhere,a small puppy came bursting out of the door closely followed by a large and perspiring Chinese chap.We managed to catch the puppy before it came to a messy demise on the tarmac under the wheels of a passing car and hand it back to its owner.
The immature canoid was taken back into the restaurant and was never seen again.So remember,the next time you sit down to beef in black bean sauce with stir-fry vegetables,make sure it doesn't start yapping at you! :shock:
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

Shanklin Chinese restaurant? Is that the one where they let you choose your meal from the cage out the back? It's a bit like with lobster but less wet and rather more hairy.

The worst problem with that sort of place is the smell - they never clean the cages out properly. It puts you right off your chocolate moose desert.
Andy Simpkins

Curry Club continued!

Post by Andy Simpkins »

Apart from making me hungry,another amusing anecdote I must come out with is something I witnessed last year.I was staying with a ladyfriend down in Exeter and we decided to go for a Chinese meal one evening.As it was Valentines Day,being the gentleman that I am,I drove and paid for the meal.However,the restaurant,while serving very good food,was rather shabby in appearance.One had to go down a short flight of stairs to reach the restaurant to be greeted by the sight of the carpet in the foyer.Apart from being heavily stained,sections of it were missing to expose the floor underneath.
The meal progressed very well until someone at a nearby table ordered something rather incendiary in nature.The rather harrassed Chinese waiter had brought out a dish that was steaming and sizzling to say the least.How the fire alarms wern't triggered,I really don't know.To cap it all,as we were enjoying coffee afterwards,there was a loud crash as a pile of plates succumbed to the laws of gravity followed by a stream of curses in Cantonese!
Good foreign food has a price on it but the entertainment was priceless... :lol: