-->

Completely Off Topic

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

tallorder

Completely Off Topic

Post by tallorder »

I am. Completely off Topics. Can't honestly remember the last time I ate one. Boom, boom.

Had a Kit-Kat about an hour ago though. Does anyone know when they moved from a foil-wrap with paper outer to printed foil wrapper? Don't like it I must say - spoils all the fun. :(

And whilst on the subject of chocolate bars: what's the deal with all the bizarre designs on Penguins? I had one with a picture of a Lego penguin recently... what's all that about? :?

Fairtrade chocolate from Co-op is good though... gain weight with a clear conscience! Hurrah!:)
Ian D. McArdell says...

"You have often said... pass"
Adam J Purcell

Re: Completely Off Topic

Post by Adam J Purcell »

tallorder wrote:I am. Completely off Topics. Can't honestly remember the last time I ate one. Boom, boom.
Do they even still exist? Talking of which, do Wispas still exist? Haven't seen one of those about for ages. Used to be a great fan of the Wispa. I can still remember being down in Camber Sands for a week when they were released - ate far too many. Ah, those magical 80's...
tallorder wrote: Had a Kit-Kat about an hour ago though. Does anyone know when they moved from a foil-wrap with paper outer to printed foil wrapper? Don't like it I must say - spoils all the fun. :(
Not a fan of Kit-Kats, can't stand the taste of the biscuits...
tallorder wrote: And whilst on the subject of chocolate bars: what's the deal with all the bizarre designs on Penguins? I had one with a picture of a Lego penguin recently... what's all that about? :?
Penguins over the ages... When I twas a lad they used to come in foil/paper, wrapped like a little present. It all went downhill when they went to plastic wrappers.:cry: Still, the quality of the penguins themselves have never been better - truly they are the kings (emperors?!) amongst chocolate encased biscuits.
tallorder wrote: Fairtrade chocolate from Co-op is good though... gain weight with a clear conscience! Hurrah!:)

I dunno - for me you just cannot beat Cadbury's Dairy Milk. Yorkie is good too, as an occasional change, but Cadbury do the best chocolate in the world (IHMO) and I've sampled quite a few. You can forget this Belgium and Swiss muck - it just doesn't taste the same without that vegetable fat. :D