-->

Paiges bar

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Paiges bar

Post by macfadyan »

right, the team will be at Paige's in westminster on Saturday 1st of may after watching allison hannigan come on stage - or something. Don't see why a buffy person walking onto the boards would excite adam so much, but when he heard he was raving about her coming on stage for when harry met sally......hmm...am i being a little too innocent here? :twisted:

so, if anyone wants to meet us, we'll be there...with heather, no less!
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
tallorder

Post by tallorder »

Good God? Is Paige's still going? Is there still a large Enterprise model embedded in the ceiling of the bar and do they still serve the 'Trek' themed food such as Ferengi Burger and Kilngon Strognanoff?

I remember the trivia quiz used to be devilish - you had to be the memory mand to stand half a chance... think we won a booby prize for best team name once though!

They used to show new episodes on the big screen, obviously bootlegged from the US. Totally illegal of course, but there you go. I think I had the misfortune to encounter the Voyager pilot there actually :shock: as you can imagine, I was glad that a stiff drink was close at hand!
Last edited by tallorder on Sun May 02, 2004 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian D. McArdell says...

"You have often said... pass"
macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

Post by macfadyan »

We don't like to talk about Trek quizes on this site, Ian.
It brings back to many bad memories - like me showing just HOW sad I am by answering every question asked at thatIlfield pub's trek quiz before they had finished asking them.

Then theres the quiz WE tried to hold there - pelham buckle, thats the name of the place, I remember now. I'd blotted it from my brain.

I still wake up in a cold sweat over THAT one.....
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
Adam J Purcell

Post by Adam J Purcell »

tallorder wrote:Good God? Is Paige's still going? Is there still a large Enterprise model embedded in the ceiling of the bar and do they still serve the 'Trak' themed food such as Ferengi Burger and Kilngon Strognanoff?
Pages still going? Just about. It was incredibly quiet for a Saturday night, virtually empty. Very unlike last time I was there when it was so crowded you couldn't even guarantee a seat - this time everyone could have had 4 or 5 seats each... The Enterprise model is still there but I didn't see any sign of any food, let alone skinned tribble burgers. The two bar staff would have had plenty of time to cook, though...
tallorder wrote: I remember the trivia quiz used to be devilish - you had to be the memory mand to stand half a chance... think we won a booby prize for best team name once though!
No sign of any quiz, either. Given there would only have been 3 or 4 groups in such a quiz and the apparent slow bars sales I don't suppose they could have covered the cost of any prizes.
tallorder wrote: They used to show new episodes on the big screen, obviously bootlegged from the US. Totally illegal of course, but there you go. I think I had the misfortune to encounter the Voyager pilot there actually :shock: as you can imagine, I was glad that a stiff drink was close at hand!
The big screen was still there, they successfully showed a couple of Enterprise episodes, neither were new to the UK. Something then broke down and they announced that they couldn't show any more. Nobody seemed to care, I don't think anyone was really watching them. They then showed a bit of Robocop: Prime Directives (possibly live off Sky) but that then dissappeared too.

On the plus side it was easier to talk and breathe thanks to it being so quiet and free of smoke! They've lost those great pictures in the toilets, though..!

Pages is all but dead.
tallorder

Post by tallorder »

No one really watching and no one complained when it stopped. Yup, that sounds like Enterprise to me!

You didn't mention whether the door opening swish sound still happens in the Gents though.. it added such an air of class to the place :wink: Shame about the pictures too - it was probably a great educational tool for the Trekkies.

R.I.P. Pages. I'm sure the Trek Franchise won't be far behind you.
Ian D. McArdell says...

"You have often said... pass"