-->

TOR -Ooh, shiny!

Want to discuss non-Staggering Stories related things with the other denizens? Try here!

Moderators: Adam J Purcell, Crew

macfadyan
Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautiful butterfly patterns..I'M FREE!!

TOR -Ooh, shiny!

Post by macfadyan »

so, after the deflation of swg, what do we have to look forward to? Adam gave a succinct rview of Champions Online...but have a look see at this..... I am now, officially, excited...

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/816935/bi ... 82109.html

its in four parts but they auto load - and you can full screen it... I think a certain Chief Scientist is going to be happy...
YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING.....
Mac (the Menlove Stokes of Dr Who music, apparently...)

"You can hear the whole of Human history in the sound of a cello"
Adam J Purcell

Re: TOR -Ooh, shiny!

Post by Adam J Purcell »

I've heard good things about it but actually seeing it like that makes me even more excited! That looks like it will be an incredible game. A genre changing game.

I can't see Star Wars Galaxies surviving for long once this game is out. Very different games but both are Star Wars (although SWG hardly seems all that Star Wars compared to The Old Republic). TOR may lack the game complexity of SWG (especially pre-CU SWG) but it looks like it will more than make up for it with story and general fun factor.

Maybe even WoW will have a chunk taken from its subscription numbers to this game.